Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first usa jackson ...not impressed!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first usa jackson ...not impressed!!!!!!!

so i always wanted a king v but never had the cash to buy one.I was at my local music store and saw a white usa king v so i put it on credit ,got it home set it up and this is what i got .....bad buzz on every string at the first fret ,bad ground hum when not touching strings....and when i removed the covers on the back the routed part where the covers screw to are bare wood , it looks like they painted the guitar then routed it for the covers..and i wasnt very impressed with the action....i set all my guitars up myself and for friends (i no what im doing lol)

has anybody else had these kind of issues....i know i can fix the ground problem i will just rewire the whole guitar but i didnt think i would have these kind of problems with a 2k guitar.....i am going to take it back at let the store deal with the issue befor i touch any thing .....i think the first fret buzz is a low nut or a high fret hope the tech can figure it out cuz i love the feel and the sound of it

That's unfortunate.
    I like EL34s.

Comment

I'm sure if you complain to the store they may offer a replacement. You are right that you shouldn't be experiencing that on such a high quality instrument but keep in mind that if you purchased the floor model you should never blame the manufacturer.
      "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Don't people usually 'try out' the guitars before they buy it especially when they are in the music stores unless you order the new ones from the company? You could've just ask the clerk if they had a same guitar so you can get the one you feel its right for you.

Comment

you didn't try the guitar out before you bought it? I'm dropping that kind of scratch on anything, I'm gonna spend some time with it checking EVERYTHING out before I give them a cent. Fret every note on it, check out how it bends ALL over the neck, check the switches & knobs all work silently & smoothly, that the trem doesn't catch or foul on anything. Plus just play the shit out of it for a good while to see if I really bond with the instrument & if I like how it sounds through an amp.

Mail order is obviously something else, but you said your local store had this hanging on the wall.

As to the issues you had with it, are you sure it was a new guitar? Sounds like that guitar has been around the block already. But either way, the store should have some kind of warranty and you should be fine to get your money back. Unless you've done something to the guitar to void the warranty.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            you didn't try the guitar out before you bought it? I'm dropping that kind of scratch on anything, I'm gonna spend some time with it checking EVERYTHING out before I give them a cent. Fret every note on it, check out how it bends ALL over the neck, check the switches & knobs all work silently & smoothly, that the trem doesn't catch or foul on anything. Plus just play the shit out of it for a good while to see if I really bond with the instrument & if I like how it sounds through an amp.

Mail order is obviously something else, but you said your local store had this hanging on the wall.

As to the issues you had with it, are you sure it was a new guitar? Sounds like that guitar has been around the block already. But either way, the store should have some kind of warranty and you should be fine to get your money back. Unless you've done something to the guitar to void the warranty.
            +1

It's unfortunate if you got your hands on a guitar that may not be up to par with the usual USA standard. However, I'm sure a good tech can take care of most of the issues. But does it really matter what it looks like in the cavities on the back? Sure I can agree that when spending that kind of money, you'd want everything to be perfect. Hope it works out for ya.
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

unfortunately where im from every guitar in the store is a floor model and you still have to pay full price for them...kind of a shitty deal ....and i did play the guitar before i bought it, it felt alright but it i thought a quick set up and it would be fine....dont get me wrong its still a killer guitar and im sure the tech will figure the bugs out and if he cant i will just return it i guess....but would you guys say it is a lemon....

Comment

Actually didn't someone else have a ground hum issue on a kv2 awhile back? Try searching the forums with those keywords.

As for fret buzz ill put money on it it's not a lemon guitar. You might have set it up but I have atleast 20 usa jacksons with floyds and never had an issue with frets. I always check for high spots using a fret rocker and neck straightness using a stewmac level.

I imagine the neck has a little back bow. Use your straight edge to check.

Between all the gurus here we will get that kv2 playing better than anything you have.
                Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 01-15-2012, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I got a KV2 recently too. The buzz on the first can be fixed with a shim if a proper set up doesnt solve it. This happend to me too, see my NGD post and read what I did.

Comment

I can't see why you bought a new guitar with all these issues.

Comment

Two words... "manufacturing tolerances"
                      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

issues were all unknown till i got it home......im not really that worried about it i can still take it back ...but i dont want to lol ...like i said hopfully the tech can figure it all out .....and make me a proud kv2 owner

Comment

Y'know, if it was just a run of the mill production model guitar, I think I would have tried to tackle it myself or have a tech set it up for me. But if I'm going to drop 2k on a guitar, I would demand that that guitar be just the way I want it when walk out the door with it. A simple "I'll buy this if you have it set up" is what I would say. If they want to sell it bad enough, I'm sure they would be happy to eat a $45.00 set up job to sell a 2k guitar. If they won't do it, I would walk out without a guitar. I've done it before and they stopped me in the parking lot and agreed to it.
                          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by sinned View Post
                            I no what im doing lol
                            Priceless
                            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                              Y'know, if it was just a run of the mill production model guitar, I think I would have tried to tackle it myself or have a tech set it up for me. But if I'm going to drop 2k on a guitar, I would demand that that guitar be just the way I want it when walk out the door with it. A simple "I'll buy this if you have it set up" is what I would say. If they want to sell it bad enough, I'm sure they would be happy to eat a $45.00 set up job to sell a 2k guitar. If they won't do it, I would walk out without a guitar. I've done it before and they stopped me in the parking lot and agreed to it.
                              Well said!
                              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Working...
                              X