Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP – Can you place this Adrian Smith Sig – Chrome, Rosewood, Antique White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP – Can you place this Adrian Smith Sig – Chrome, Rosewood, Antique White?

Hi gang. I’ve been an ESP guy, but I got my first Jackson and love it. I’ve looked everywhere and I can’t figure out where/when this Jackson USA Adrian Smith Sig came from. I picked it up from a guitar shop used (plays amazing), but now I can’t confirm that Jackson ever made an Adrian Smith Signature like this.

What’s unique? Chrome Hardware all around (Floyd, Knobs, Tuners, screws), not black
    The body color is more of an aged white (not Snow White).
    And I would swear the fret board is Rosewood (not ebony).
    Serial number is 8514 on the neck plate.

From the Jackson site the Adrian Smith was noted as new in the 2009 price list. And even then it had Black Hardware, Ebony fret board, and was Snow white. 2010 and current are the same.
    Any of you Jackson experts have any ideas about the history of this model?

(i'm new here, let me know if I'm supposed to post pictures differently - thanks)

Uh Oh GTWGITS
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

lol - I almost had it in there....noob error 1.

Comment

There was never a production AS with rosewood or chrome hardware. The 4 figure serial would make it a custom not a production guitar (6 digit plates), if it's legit.

I was wondering if it was one of the ebony board guitars with a swapped pickguard (w/b/w not solid white) and hardware. But that doesn't explain the colour and it does look like rosewood. Then I thought it was maybe a Fender Floyd Rose Classic body but those have the output socket on the front. Lots of strange stuff on there so I'm wondering if it was some sort of proto, or if it's a mutt.
        Last edited by neilli; 01-07-2012, 02:44 PM.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

It's not the one Adrian had stolen is it? :idea:

Or it's not a sig but had a sig neck put on it, in any case it's nice & i'm jelly.

Comment

It didn’t occur to me until now (and it’s probably not relevant at all), but I picked this guitar up at a shop over Christmas when I was visiting my parents, 30 miles from the Jackson Corona factory in So Cal.

Comment

According to this: http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?..._articleid=978

Adrian's guitar that was stolen was no. 8467, meaning that this guitar is possibly a prototype or pre production piece. Does anyone have any information on the serials of the earliest AS Sigs?
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

That looks like a fender body with a Adrian neck. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Comment

Nice guitar, but what is that sea foam green guitar body that is shown in one of the pics???
                  "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    Nice guitar, but what is that sea foam green guitar body that is shown in one of the pics???
                    lol – that’s a ’97 ESP Vintage Plus (H/S/S, maple) in “turquoise”.

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                      That looks like a fender body with a Adrian neck. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.
                      Hmm, could be. What leads you to think “Fender body”? Also, where would someone come up with an AS neck in Rosewood?

No matter what its heritage turns out to be, it plays amazing. Fit and finish is outstanding, and the neck is that unfinished flavor that feels smooth as a baby’s bottom. All of the components check out so far - right pickups, made in Germany Floyd. I feel like I got a steal on this guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
                        The jack would be on the body if it were a Fender.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Send a PM to forum member McD or Bionic and see if they can look up the serial number.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very nice but the signature throws me off, because of the rosewood.

Comment

With a serial number that close to the prototypes, it's possibly a prototype or was meant for Adrian to check out. I'm sure they would send out a few to him to see which ones he liked the best.

Either way, you have a unique guitar.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X