USA Rhoads fret number poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Rhoads fret number poll

I have a question I just wanted to ask everyone on the board...

It makes me kind of mad that any Jackson shape comes with 24 frets, except for my favourite, which would be the Rhoads. I know the original had only 22, but that was 30 years ago, and players have new habits and needs. This is why I'd like Jackson to start a USA Select RR model with 24 frets instead of 22, because the RR24 certainly is good, but far from USA quality, and a CS guitar is way out of my reach.

What disturbs me the most is that you don't lose anything when switching from 22 to 24, and they still don't build them with 24. It gives more possibilities without taking some away.

So I wanted to ask you what you'd prefer... 22 or 24 ?
    Keep the USA Rhoads with 22 frets
    15.09%
    Upgrade them to 24
    22.64%
    Keep the 22s and build an extra series with 24
    56.60%
    What do I care !?
    5.66%

If this poll gets enough answers for 24 fretted RRs, I hope we could contact the Jackson people so they would start to build these.

Comment

I prefer 22. I gladly give up two frets in exchange for the neck humbucker placement/sounds available with 22 frets. I wish Soloists had 22 frets also.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagash02 View Post
        I have a question I just wanted to ask everyone on the board...

It makes me kind of mad that any Jackson shape comes with 24 frets, except for my favourite, which would be the Rhoads. I know the original had only 22, but that was 30 years ago, and players have new habits and needs. This is why I'd like Jackson to start a USA Select RR model with 24 frets instead of 22, because the RR24 certainly is good, but far from USA quality, and a CS guitar is way out of my reach.

What disturbs me the most is that you don't lose anything when switching from 22 to 24, and they still don't build them with 24. It gives more possibilities without taking some away.

So I wanted to ask you what you'd prefer... 22 or 24 ?
        Keep the 22 fret ones and build a new series with 24.

Comment

I totally agree with you church, this would be good for both schools : the 22-fret nerds like Chad who like the neck humbucker sound AND the 24-fret nerds like me who want the two full octaves on every string ^^

Comment

I prefer the 22 fret look and tone on RRs. Keep it as is.

Nonetheless, adding a USA 24 fret RR series would be cool, too. If they do, the specs should be a large enough departure from the "regular" Rhoads to warrant lower production numbers and a pricing upcharge. Like along the thinking for the SL-MAH and KE2T variants. Might I suggest mahogany body and neck, rear-loaded (no "pickguard"), body binding and non-recessed Floyd. Maybe reverse sharks, too.

Comment

Keep em the way they are. Some guitars just look wrong with 24 frets.
              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

What do I care !?

:think:
                sigpic
                Action Jackson

Comment

I don't.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Why not try for a limited run of 24 fretters? I imagine pricing on them could be done relatively close to USA select pricing. Maybe I'm off base though. :think:
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

This whole thread reminds me of the old thread where a lot of members were suggesting Jackson take the Kevin Bond RR platform, get rid of the lame inlays (subjective but that's my opinion and I know others agree), and make a few other tweaks. We'd never know for sure, but I'm guessing that thread was at least partially responsible for the creation of the RR24. I doubt we'll get more than that, but it is cool to think about.

Comment

Id like a 24 fret RR... but only if it had 1 pickup
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Originally posted by J_A / 540s View Post
                          Id like a 24 fret RR... but only if it had 1 pickup

How about a petition for a USA RR24?

Add to that list a USA SL2H-7 String, USA SLS, USA KV2T With original headstock and 25.5 inch sale length, and some more USA Maple fretboard guitars!

Comment

Yeah, actually, Jackson could do MANY new models, but let's start slowly ^^. I had started a thread about this a while ago, some pretty nice ideas (and pretty sick ones too ^^) had appeared. IIRC I had entitled the thread "what new models would you like from jackson"

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                              ..get rid of the lame inlays (subjective but that's my opinion and I know others agree)
                              They are not lame, they are cool, that's my opinion and I know others agree
                              Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                              X