Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with inlays

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this forum. I just recently got a USA soloist sl2h-mah and noticed that some of the inlays are not well set. A couple of them feel like the pointy tip on the high strings side is not well glued. If I depress it with my finger or pick it will sunk.
    Also the glue or whatever they use to fix the inlays does not look very well finished, as you might see in the pics.
    My question to you guys is if this is a serious issue that deems to be sent back under warranty.
    I live in Singapore, so I had to import this guitar from the US, and to send it back for repair or whatever might cost me a bit.
    Thanks

I would send it back and see if you can exchange it for a new one. If not see if they can fix it. Get your money's worth out of it. I have never seen this on a USA soloist, in person at least...
    Last edited by church2224; 03-10-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

If you bought it from an authorized dealer I'd make a warranty claim or exchange.

Comment

Or you can sell it to me for 500 bones,your call.
        BLS/SDMF

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll see if it's cheaper to take it to a luthier here.

Comment

..that is some BS right there. Someone doing some lazy ass work! I'd send it back. You pay good money for a thoroughly inspected guitar!

This would never happen in the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarzan_josh View Post
              ..that is some BS right there. Someone doing some lazy ass work! I'd send it back. You pay good money for a thoroughly inspected guitar!

This would never happen in the old days.
              Every guitar manufacturer no matter what time period it is makes mistakes, this is one. Some people I talked to had problems with the Jacksons that were far worse then this back in the 80s including misaligned headstock logos, fingerprint smudges underneath the clearcoar of the finish, ect. Do not let one guitar out of the many that are built represent the entire line right now. When human nature gets in the way of something being built mistakes will be made. There are others on this forum who have newer ones and love them. I have seen perfectly built USA Jacksons before in person.

Example from the Jackson guitar palace-

"I love the old Jacksons but I can't back up that build quality would have been better by then. The finishes are often cracking, logos are misaligned, inlay work is sloppy, "smudges" / small "bubbles" under clearcoat. All these things are very typical for early SD era Jacksons and would be considered unacceptable on a new custom. But that's handmade for you and the reason why I also love them.

Also Jackson can still make killer guitars. I'm blown away by the quality of the 25th Anniversary King Kelly - it has a very SD feel with thin paint etc. I can already see the 3-piece construction easily through the paint etc. It feels like the real thing. Also I couldn't be happier with my custom order Star and all the Y2KVs I've played have been amazingly good sounding and playing guitars."

Also from sevenstring.org-

"I bought a RR1 with a build date of August 2010 and it has no problems whatsoever. These are production guitars, not custom so sometimes a bad one slips through the cracks. However, it seems like that's the exception, not the rule. Don't let the horror stories scare you. The guitar is everything I hoped it would be. "

Hopefully a good luthier can help him out.
              Last edited by church2224; 03-12-2011, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X