Jacksons with lead? myth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacksons with lead? myth?

I've heard from at least two people now, other guitarists, that a soloist (and maybe all USA Jacksons) have lead in them? When I mention owning a soloist, I get the question "It's pretty heavy, isn't it?" followed by "I heard those have lead in the body for weight." One guitarist I met from out of town said that a friend of a friend was a guitar tech for Stryper for a while, and was talking about the lead in the body of the Jacksons they use. Anyone else ever hear of this? Or is this a myth of some sort?

Funny you should say that
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Lead ? What for ? if it was at least Depleted Uranium then one could use Soloists for tanks armour piercing like the rounds of the a-10 Warthog
      Jackson SLAT-QH CSB
      Charvel SD Warren DeMartini Crossed Swords
      Jackson SL-2H LS

Comment

Some nut job told me Les Pauls had lead plates in them (rumor/fact? the early 80's silverburst had lead paint.) Although...... there was a Kelly on the 'bay a lil while back that DID have lead in it, but thats all I know of. I'd say there is no lead in the bodies.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

that's why you should never leave your Soloist unattended in a baby's crib

maybe the folks perpetuating this story are thinking of the "loaded" Kramers from the late 80s/early 90s. They used to advertise models that had metal either attached to the body or installed in cavities. Because we all know "mass increases sustain", right? Some mob were selling brass plates to attach to your headstock too, for the same reason. I guess playing through high gain amps wasn't giving the guitar-playing public enough sustain....
          Last edited by VitaminG; 02-25-2011, 08:10 AM. Reason: grammar. oh, and granpa too
          Hail yesterday

Comment

They progressed from a bolted lead to bolted steel finish
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

Nothing more metal!

Total BS.

Comment

Heh as others have mentioned, we've seen at least one Kelly that someone threw a chunk of lead in the body to combat their perceived balance problems. I'm sure it's happened in other instances.

The kramer with metal in them were from the showster series:

www.vintagekramer.com/company45.htm

Comment

A lot of vintage soloists have lead in them. They placed it in the electronics compartment... in the solder to be more specific

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver View Post
                    A lot of vintage soloists have lead in them. They placed it in the electronics compartment... in the solder to be more specific

Comment

It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

At least one death angel has had a lead plug installed into the body at the factory, but it was totally about balance and had nothing to do with tone.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Take a SAWZALL to it! It's the only way you'll know for sure! Muhahahahahahahaha

Comment

Thats kinda funny because I always thought that my Jacksons that I've owned have been light.. really light... except for a 91 SL1 Erie Des I used to own. Heaviest one I own now is my BC Rich ST-III which weighs in at 9lbs.

Comment

Working...
                            X