NGD: Please join me for a Mocha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Please join me for a Mocha

I've been trying to slim down my guitar collection a little bit as I'm running out of space for everything. I wanted to have one mahogany guitar, so I looked for a PC1.

I had to sell 3 guitars to pay for for her, but wow! I'm pretty impressed and most guitars don't impress me that much these days (I'm a tough sell).

I picked up an 09' PC1 in a color called Mocha. It's my first USA Jackson. I find the neck quite nice. I've heard people complaining that it's really chunky, but mine feels about the same width as my ESP Lynch, and to me at least, it doesn't feel that wide. The flamed fingerboard is a nice touch.

So far I've played the guitar for a couple hours experimenting with different tones. I see a use for all the pickups, even the middle one. The Super 3 in the bridge is my favourite DiMarzio pickup. I'm not much for their pickups in general, but I think this is one pup they do well. I was a little worried about such a thick sounding pup in a Mahogany guitar, but the maple top seems to offset any extra bass/ mids. The middle pup seems to work well for classic rock and strat sounds. I actually like the sustainer pup when used as a pickup. There IS a signal loss, but it still sounds good. I especially like how it sounds for sweep picking and strat tones.

Then there's the sustainer, which I'm finding quite enjoyable to use. It adds another dimension to my sound/ It's funl to hit a not and use it in conjunction with the floyd, I can make my guitar sound like a Police siren.

I'll try to post some pictures when I can.
    Last edited by The Rossness; 02-28-2011, 03:32 AM.

Congrats!
    I think at some point I'll snag a PC1. They seem like a cool, well made ax and I like big necks anyway. Definitely shoot some pics!

Comment

Congrats man. Gotta post pics!
      I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Can't wait to see it!!! Mocha is a great color!
        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Last edited by The Rossness; 02-25-2011, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I need some coffee now!
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Next to my Gibson R9, my PC1 is my fav! I've been told that my CS PC1 ships from the factory in 3 days! YAY!!
              I've also been thinking lately about selling my USA Soloist to get another CS PC1, not that it's a bad guitar, the PC1 seems to have a better feel to me.
              Awesome bang for the buck! Enjoy yours, I have a hard time putting mine down!
              You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

That's an incredibly beautiful finish man. Congrats again.
                I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Nice top and board on that one, congrats!
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Stunning!!

Comment

Here's a quick demo of the sustainer I made. Did I miss anything? Are there other cool floyd/ sustainer tricks you can do?

Comment

Nice guitar. Please don't put stickers on that one. Also the police thing was so lame lol pretty funny though hehe. Take er' easy

Comment

Beautiful!!!
                          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

how is the body size compared to a soloist? are they the same? I'm a big guy and I feel like my sl2h looks like a toy on me.

Comment

The USA Soloist and PC1 are the same body size.
                              You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Working...
                              X