Why is this so GD hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this so GD hard?

So its been almost a year trying to get with Jackson approved service repairf guy to get rid of a HUM when the volume is gturned down to 0. He keeps saying its normal but I have many FN guitars to include other Jacksons n my KV2 is d only one that does this. AHHHHHHHHHH HELP

no....thats not normal....lol...WTF...

Comment

Pay a tech to swap the pot. Might cost $10
      This space for rent

Comment

Sounds like the pots not grounded correctly.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by tgreensl1 View Post
          Pay a tech to swap the pot. Might cost $10
          +1. Why is it so GD hard to take it to another tech? Wiring is not a major issue.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I thought this was going to be another Custom Shop fucked up my specs thread. Yeah, new pot.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by SHREDINATOR View Post
              So its been almost a year trying to get with Jackson approved service repairf guy to get rid of a HUM when the volume is gturned down to 0. He keeps saying its normal but I have many FN guitars to include other Jacksons n my KV2 is d only one that does this. AHHHHHHHHHH HELP
              dude in the time you've waited you could have learned to wire a rich bich...seriously a monkey could fix it. Guitar can be incredibly frustrating (and expensive) if you don't know how to maintain it so I suggest learn now and since wiring is not subjective like, for instance a setup, it is a great place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix View Post
                dude in the time you've waited you could have learned to wire a rich bich...seriously a monkey could fix it. Guitar can be incredibly frustrating (and expensive) if you don't know how to maintain it so I suggest learn now and since wiring is not subjective like, for instance a setup, it is a great place to start.
                Well the point is I shouldn't have to after shelling out 2 grand for a guitar. I mean I know how to change the oil and spark plugs in my car but I m not going to try n learn how to do the timing belts because a certified tech can't figure it out. My other problem is that I m not at all good with electronics. I m scared when I start unbolting things that r melted together. But u r right I should learn. But I purchased d guitar I did so I wouldn't have to worry about stupid stuff like thus or so I thought

Comment

Return it to the store from which you purchased it and get a refund.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    Return it to the store from which you purchased it and get a refund.
                    There ya go.

Comment

Past the point of reuturn, 30 day thing, Jackson wanted me to send to repair so I did. Got all POTS replaced and I asked Jackson repair guy, about an hour drive away, if it fixed the hum when the volume was turned off n he sounded confussed and said he didn't change the pots for that and would call me back. Have yet to hear back from him, week two with no KV2!

Comment

Working...
                      X