Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings to All! ..and a few questions about my guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings to All! ..and a few questions about my guitar!

Hi everyone.. I've been playing for over 20 years and have had WAY too many guitars to count. Mostly BC Rich Superstrats, Gibsons, Peavey Wolfgangs and now Jacksons. I've had a NICE Erie Des SL1 (early 90's) that played like butter.. BUT I sold it. I then bought a brand new SL2H in Trans Blue (2001) and sold it. I missed my Jacksons then bought another SL1 in trans red (used) and it just didn't "feel" right and sold it within a few days. I went another couple of years without any Jacksons and then I stumbled on the deal of a lifetime. A 2001 SL2H in Interference Cyan/Magenta. Guy used in his studio and was thinning the herd. When I pulled the trigger on this one it was literally like a brand new guitar. There is NOTHING wrong with this thing. I could pass for new. 800.00 Sometimes I'm so lucky its amazing!
    Here is my deal... I normally played with 10's to standard and occasionally Eb. When I put 10's on this thing (with 4 springs) it seems like i have to crank the claw screws in VERY far. Maybe 1/4 inch left on the threads. I think this is pretty odd. I've never noticed this "lack of wiggle room" in other guitars of any manufacture. I would think that the backplate cavity would be "standard" on all Jacksons. Do I just have some super loose springs?? I can't put a fifth spring on b/c I have the FloydUpgrades trem stop installed. For now I've settled for 9's (which I'm actually starting to like better)
    I'm also having what I'll label "sustain" issues. I seem to get significant sustain BUT I get more out of a bolt on USA BC Rich ST-III that has a Tone Zone in the bridge. I have rewired everything to make sure it wasn't an electrical issue. Everything reads ok on my multimeter. It also seems to be "darker" than my alder bc rich bolt-on that has a rosewood board. I would have bet the farm that a SL2H should be significantly brighter! Am I wrong? Are my woes coming from the JB? I'm thinking of doing a no-load mod on the tone pot (as opposed to taking it out of the loop all together). I may just try to swap out the pup as well. I really dig the Tone Zone in my BC Rich, has anyone tried one in a SL2H?

Oh yeah.. one more thing. The SL2H also has a perfect small square cut out on the side of the trem cavity and you can see the pickup height adjustment screw for the one side in there. Does anyone else know what the deal is with that? I would almost think it was a error in the routing but its literally perfect. Is it normal?

Sorry for all the questions but I am new here and anxious to talk shop with everyone.

On a final note.. I'm starting to gas for a usa production charvel and find myself contemplating the sale of the sl2h. Someone PLEASE talk some sense into me!

Originally posted by BC Jackson View Post
    For now I've settled for 9's (which I'm actually starting to like better)
    Dean Markley Blue Steel Custom Lights .009 - .046 Awesome Cheap Strings

On a final note.. I'm starting to gas for a usa production charvel and find myself contemplating the sale of the sl2h. Someone PLEASE talk some sense into me!
    Don't do it!!! Keep all your Jacksons for the love of GOD!!!
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

Sorry for all the questions but I am new here
      No, you're not. How many accounts are you going to try to open and have banned, Mr. Josh Crawford??
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

How is it that I am banned? What have I ever done besides love Jackson guitars?? Have I broken any rules?? Have I flamed anyone? Have I been disrespected anyone in anyway? I'm seriously confused here. I have had (to the best of my knowledge) 1 previous account years ago which resulted in me purchasing the above mentioned SL1 Erie Des from another member. I didn't access the forum after that for months.. maybe years and at that point was unable to log in. I created another profile some time later and it got squashed.

Again.. not sure what I've done to offend Admins in here. I would truly love to know. This community of players is a tremendous wealth of knowledge for Jackson/Charvel and it is also just plain fun to talk to like minded individuals. If I have done something that is frowned upon, I'm sure it had to be completely unintentional.
        Last edited by BC Jackson; 02-16-2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

You were suspened at one time and tried to open another account and got that banned, now you're using another screen name? There's only one user name per account.

Comment

I have two questions. How do I find out my original user name? Why was the initial account suspended, are you able to access that info? As I mentioned I'm not one to cause friction so I'm not sure what could have been done. Thanks for replying so quickly!

Comment

OK.. did some searching and I found some posts of mine from 9/11/2003 under "joshcrawford" but it says "guest" under my name???? I still can't find my communications with the guy that sold me the sl1. Its driving me nuts.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                X