battery cover of JS3VQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery cover of JS3VQ

I already want to drop tune my 5 string JS3VQ. To prevent the strings from flapping and causing buzz, I need to get thicker, possibly longer strings. I might have to drill bigger holes into the bridge. Even getting a .130 was a task. Eventually, I may even need to have the nut customised to fit the new A# or thicker string. I don't use G anymore (thinnest factory string), because it does not ring out like the other strings. It's like it's out of of phase or something when I play it open. I have the same issue on my 4 string JS3.

I wanna change the battery, but the damn cover won't come off. It won't fall off, sticking gaffer tape to it won't pull it off, prizing a screwdriver through the empty screwhole won't do it. I don't want to scratch the bass and doubt I'd be able to wedge a flathead screwdriver down the side or end. Suggestions?
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 03-17-2023, 05:35 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

What kind of a battery compartment is it?

Comment

2 screws, and yes, I took those out
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I would just put a small hex key in the screw hole and just brute force it gently open and hope no paint comes with it.
        I believe this is one of the reasons they dont paint the body on the cavity cover area on jacksons and charvels.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
          I would just put a small hex key in the screw hole and just brute force it gently open and hope no paint comes with it.
          I believe this is one of the reasons they dont paint the body on the cavity cover area on jacksons and charvels.
          good point. So I had a tiny hex key attachment for my screwdriver. Prized it off that way. I think the plate could do with a little sanding around the edges so it falls off when I remove the screws. I still wish Jackson used proper battery boxes like they used to.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
          X