Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson JS40 or JS20 BASS and 3 serial numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JS40 or JS20 BASS and 3 serial numbers?

Has a 9 digit sticker serial number on the peghead starting with 65. Has a 6 digit stamped in the neck pocket and a 7 digit stamped on the neck heel both in green ink and both starting with 97. There is not one on the neck plate. '97 makes sense to me and I found a "made in japan" sticker inside the jack plate...so originally assumed Japan but I couldn't make the data I found on serial number decoding add up to the right place of origin, especially given the three numbers. Found a 1997 Jackson catalog with the exact model in it so I was pretty sure it was a JS40...but have not been able to find another. What is this thing? Where was it made?

Thanks for your help,

It won't let me post pics.

RDC

one more try? one pic only...nope

Comment

pictures need uploaded elsewhere.

Comment

Most likely a parts mutt. The sticker on the head is probably a shop's inventory label, the neck and body and plate are from 3 different models. The only ones I've seen that didn't get a number on the plate had a sticker on the head, and were from Indonesia or China. I didn't look at the internal stamps, or at least don't recall them. Then again, ink stamps are cheap and flimsy, and it's possible the 6-digit stamp just dropped the 7th number because 3rd world production is sloppy.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Most likely a parts mutt. The sticker on the head is probably a shop's inventory label, the neck and body and plate are from 3 different models. The only ones I've seen that didn't get a number on the plate had a sticker on the head, and were from Indonesia or China. I didn't look at the internal stamps, or at least don't recall them. Then again, ink stamps are cheap and flimsy, and it's possible the 6-digit stamp just dropped the 7th number because 3rd world production is sloppy.
          So glad to see you, friend
          I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
          X