Help Identifying Charvel Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying Charvel Bass

I wonder if someone out there might help me identify the model and production year of my old Charvel Bass. I purchased ages ago in NYC when I was in high school. Been sitting in my basement for about twenty years. Appreciate any insights.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MCemYNsoqgZVe6n36

Last edited by jngold; 02-26-2022, 06:29 AM.

Originally posted by jngold View Post
    Been sitting in my basement for about twenty years.
    Then I would guess it is over 20 years old.

You need to host images elsewhere.
    The board really needs to remove the direct upload option, because it has been turned off for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

Then I would guess it is over 20 years old.

You need to host images elsewhere.
      The board really needs to remove the direct upload option, because it has been turned off for quite some time.
      Good guess

Math-jokes-kids-1.jpg

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I am no bass expert. Particularly the pre-import era. But I believe that is simply a Charvel bass (maybe Concert Bass).
        Jackson/Charvel didn't really have 'model numbers' until the imports started, and then the US models didn't get them for like another 10 years.

Comment

Looks like some kind of early to mid '80s Custom USA model with painted neck and 4-digit serial number.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If the plates a Charvel plate it's 86 or right before 86. so it's a custom USA SD
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

cool bass!

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Yes, I've done some more digging around and it is definitely one of the original San Dimas Charvel basses. No model names back then. Just Charvel bass. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                X