SKB hardshell cases for Jackson concert basses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKB hardshell cases for Jackson concert basses

I had my Jackson bass hardshell gigbag delivered yesterday.
    My JS3 won't sit still in the neck rest and my JS3VQ barely has a few mm clearance from the edge of the interior of the case.
    WTF can't Jackson make proper SKB cases like they do for guitars, whereby the interior mould is shaped to hold the body and there's enough space in front of the headstock tip? Us bass players are getting a shit deal here. I don't mind paying £100 for a proper case, not £70 for something that's designed so badly, the instrument won't sit still, and is at risk of getting damaged. What about one of those David Ellefson cases without the logo's? Not much to ask, y'know.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

it still moves when you zip up the case? that sucks, sorry to hear that. it is kind of surprising there isn't an hardshell skb case for the basses they sell.

Comment

I think I'll tear up some of those foam cutouts from the shipping box, cut it to shape around the body of the bass, I need a Stanley knife or something....
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

my JS3V fits in one of those cheap musician friends cases and it holds the neck above the floor fine, but it does have room in there so adding some side bolsters would keep it tight for sure.

to use it for gig purposes, any type of anything in there would work to hold it tight. go here to look.
        https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag..._152028(1).jpg
        http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
          my JS3V fits in one of those cheap musician friends cases and it holds the neck above the floor fine, but it does have room in there so adding some side bolsters would keep it tight for sure.

to use it for gig purposes, any type of anything in there would work to hold it tight. go here to look.
          https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag..._152028(1).jpg
          Maybe its my poor eyesight, but that looks like the headstock is stabbing the interior of the case. I did buy a TourTech case with enough space in front of the headstock. But it was ridiculously heavy, had no storage compartments, and the latches were shit. So, I got a refund.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 10-10-2021, 02:46 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Finding a case with proper headstock clearance seems to be a pain in the ass for J/C bass players.

Tried several cases from Thomann but no luck so far

Comment

For my Charvel Model basses and Jackson Concert V a chromacast fit including the long headstock but those things are cheap and there is a lot of extra room to need to pad up. I went ‘screw it’ and got a padded gig bag…
              Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
              My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
                For my Charvel Model basses and Jackson Concert V a chromacast fit including the long headstock but those things are cheap and there is a lot of extra room to need to pad up. I went ‘screw it’ and got a padded gig bag…
                I don't trust gignags, no matter how padded they are. Someone once suggested a Mono gigbag. The top quality ones go for £200 a piece over here. I just want Jackson to make proper hardshell cases for basses with moulded interiors, specifically the Concert bass, and especially the 5 string versions (until Jackson finally get the hint and start making production Kelly, Warrior and V shape basses).
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Johannes View Post
                  Finding a case with proper headstock clearance seems to be a pain in the ass for J/C bass players.

Tried several cases from Thomann but no luck so far
                  Since Brexit and UK Customs cantankerous "we tax anything and everything for the sake of it" attitude, I have steered clear of Thomann. A shame really, since they otherwise offer good deals.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Oh I get the insistence on a hardcase. I’m just glad I have one of the old black 90s molded ones in good shape. It fits my four string but the five is a little tight. It can be modified for the extra need room though. Not sure it it fix’s more modern Jackson basses, as my two at the moment are Professional series.
                    Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
                    My collection also there!

Comment

Good to know the current soft case is pretty crap. I just bought a USA Concert Bass missing its case and it looks like it'll have to live out on my stand for the time being. NBD post coming when it arrives...

Comment

Originally posted by DesolationBlvd View Post
                        Good to know the current soft case is pretty crap. I just bought a USA Concert Bass missing its case and it looks like it'll have to live out on my stand for the time being. NBD post coming when it arrives...
                        A USA without a case? There should be a law against that. At the very least, Jackson should make good quality cases to suit players of all their instruments, dammit.

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post

A USA without a case? There should be a law against that. At the very least, Jackson should make good quality cases to suit players of all their instruments, dammit.
                          No kidding. When I bought my ESP Viper, I was able to get their Tombstone case for it. Well, they reduced that line to only the Eclipse and M/Horizon shapes and I got new old stock.

Comment

Working...
                          X