Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS3 Concert Bass ordered - battery clip question

Should be here by Tuesday. Satin Black.

I see it has a battery cover with two screws instead of a battery clip you just open and close. Is it possible to swap to the latter, or is the battery cavity not the right shape?

Just saw this: Jackson Bass Hardshell Gig Bag 2994722100. Are these moulded for a concert bass, or square inside, allowing the body to slide about inside the case/gigbag?
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 08-14-2021, 03:27 AM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I would assume it is square inside with the lining with spongy foam behind it, not "moulded" as such.
    You could buy the battery cover with the little tab on it from Amazon and try. Only a few dollars wasted if it wont fit in the hole provided.
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

I'm looking at a couple months to get that gigbag. I saw a Mono gigbag. Damn, twice as expensive!
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Is this the battery compartment I need?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beauneo-Bat...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

If you look at the battery cover on the JS3 concert bass, its rounded. Will that compartment in the link really fit?
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Ah, nope, I think this one might be a better fit?:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battery-Hol...043602&sr=8-10
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Well, I can't upload photos of the new bass, because imageshack keeps failing to upload.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Pic

https://i.ibb.co/2WjWSSk/20210817-144220.jpg
              Image 20210817-144220 hosted in ImgBB
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Sorry I can't help with the Case.

Enjoy the Snot outa your new Thumper!!

Comment

Now that's a phrase I've not heard before. Do the sand dune worms of Arrakis have a cold?

As for the battery, upon removing the cover, its a rectangular enclosure/trench, with the battery wrapped in foam. I had a look on the back of a Spectra bass today, and it looks like the first battery compartment I linked here is too big. I'm gonna ask around before I buy somehing that won't be of any use.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I got a quote for modding the bass to fit a rectangular battery compartment. £60 + parts (£4 for the battery compartment). I'd say that's pretty good. The store have done mods to guitars for me in the past.
                    I've also found a store that has one of those Jackson jardshell gigbags. Just waiting to hear fro them as to whether it'll be long enough to accomodate my 5 string bass.
                    Last edited by wilkinsi; 08-22-2021, 09:22 AM.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Just found one Jackson hardshell gigbag. If I want another one, I have to import it and get stung by Parcelfarce. They don't care if VAT is already paid. Disgusting.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Glad to know you have a Hardshell Gig bag!

I would have thought that the Aftermarket would show the measurements so people would get the correct size battery box they need.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ119 View Post
                          Glad to know you have a Hardshell Gig bag!
                          I would have thought that the Aftermarket would show the measurements so people would get the correct size battery box they need.
                          There isn't a matching battery box for this. The JS series only has the triangular ended cover.

https://i.ibb.co/mzH0dd8/Jackson-JS3-battery-cavity.jpg
                          Last edited by wilkinsi; 08-25-2021, 01:50 PM.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I am going to get a Bass in a few months and I
                            will get a Jackson.
                            IDK if I will get it with Active or Passive pickups.

Any Pluses for Active Pickups for a Newb?

Comment

No. Its your playing and amp/modeller/FX set up that really matter. By the way, the basses I own only have active EQ, the pickups are passive.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                              X