Patrick Nagel 4 string bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Nagel 4 string bass

I have a 4 string Jackson set neck bass with Nagel artwork. Can anybody give me any info about this guitar? I’ve contacted Jackson without any real response info. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by SlimPickins; 03-01-2021, 09:28 PM. Reason: Had trouble adding pics..

It's a 4 string Jackson bass with Nagel artwork.
    What more did you want to know?

*I won't repeat the "set neck" descriptor based on your statement.

Comment

Year, value, model, anything useful.. I don’t own a Jackson other than this and not familiar with the brand. Just looking for some friendly info. Thanks

Comment

And why hate on the “set neck” statement? Are there not bolt on neck models??

Comment

Originally posted by SlimPickins View Post
          And why hate on the “set neck” statement? Are there not bolt on neck models??
          If it is an original Nagel, it should either be bolt on or a neck thru. And those were the days when a Jackson neck thru were undeniably neck thru, which is different than much of what they put out these days, which are.... debatable. A hybrid of set neck and neck thru. Set thru.
          But anything is possible. Which is why I said I wouldn't repeat your line until I see it.

Comment

Year, value, model, anything useful.. I don’t own a Jackson other than this and not familiar with the brand. Just looking for some friendly info. Thanks
            year would depend on the serial number. pics help, too. check the end of the fingerboard. since most instruments were custom orders, jackson didn't really have "models" in the '80s, which is presumably when your bass was made, outside of the very general "soloist," "rhoads," "concert bass," etc. your bass also presumably falls in that latter model category.

Comment

I see, thanks. I’ll have to get you a pic when I get home, but from what you described, It is going to be a neck thru design. For some reason the site won’t let me post pics. I get an error message stating I’m not allowed .. The SN is d5918. When I emailed Jackson, they said the number didn’t exist in the data base and must have come from their custom shop or possibly Canadian custom shop, although it says USA on it. I don’t know anything about any of their manufacturing or anything else though.

Comment

Yeah, those pesky Canadians. Never trust those darn Ontario CA businesses.

Comment

IThe SN is d5918.
                  Look closer.
                  Is that d a J or 8 ?

Comment

You’re right, it’s a J. Sorry about that. I’m having to look at a pic of it instead being able to look in person.

Comment

jackson's table would put J5918 at 1991 https://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/neck-thru

Comment

Thank you for the link. That’s probably some of the last of that style with the Nagel art. I would have thought that would have faded out in the late 80’s at least.

Comment

"The 80s" didn't end 12-31-1989.

Comment

You need to host your photos on a third party image hosting website.

Pick one (https://www.google.ca/search?newwind...4dUDCAg&uact=5), upload your images there, and paste the generated image links back here in your next reply.

Comment

Working...
                            X