Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :help: problems with my Jackson

Hi there,
    I recently bought a JACKSON C5-MJ. The bass is great but it is only half the loudness of my other bass. Does anyone else own this bass and have the same problem?

Cheers

Re: problems with my Jackson

Are the pickups active? If so, maybe you need to change to a new battery.

Comment

Nah its not that i tryed it. Anyways i sent to the local musicshop. They should be checking the outputs and stuff like that so i should soon know

Comment

I know there is quite a difference in the output in some of my basses. Some of the Jackson passives with JE-2000 are not as hot as some of the EMG systems. I just dial them in as needed.

Rob

Comment

Pickup height also has a lot to do with it. If you got it used, the previous owner may have been driving it through a high-powered system and backed the pickups down too far.
          Or maybe your other basses simply have better pickups? I had a Mexi-Precision that stomped ass output-wise over even my best Jackson USA/Pro basses - even a Pedulla Fretless with Bartolini pickups was weak compared to the Fender, and it had the stock pickups [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I haven't had much experience with bass pickup swapping, other than changing out a set of Jacksons with the J2000 bass system to an EMG set (and then had to sell the bass), but I'd definitely like to compare a set of Fenders with a set of EMGs and a set of Duncans - maybe mix-n-match brands.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X