CMG Concert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMG Concert?

What are your opinions on the CMG Concert? I've been so rapped up in my KBX since fall I kind of missed out on this bass. Maybe it's for me... I'm a big fan of Fender P's... my OTHER bass is a P/J that I love to death.

How do the CMGs compare to Fender Ps and what do the EMG-HZs sound like?

Re: CMG Concert?

My CMG has got to be my best deal ever on a bass. Plays better than my US Jackson JJ. Workmanship is excelent. Made in the Japan plant. Go to harmony central guitar reviews. It seems everyone that has reviewed one shares my opinion. Neck is thinner than a precision. Emgs rock. Japs can really make a bass! Probably the most unknown, awesome bass you will find. Play one and you'll see what I mean. It's not in the same ballpark of any of the other concert basses. Doesn't have that stupid hole at the bass of the neck either.
    Dino

Comment

Awesome. I look forward to checking it out. I'm very impressed with my KBX, so I'm not surprised that this MIJ Jackson is also great quality, feel and tone for the money.

Comment

With so many positive gear reviews on Harmony Central, how many are posted by dealers trying to sell product? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I just bought one, it should be here next week. My main Bass is an MIA Fender P-Bass, and I'm really interested in how this beast is going to sound!

Comment

Looking at one by early summer myself, Junkie. I'm real interested in hearing your input once you get it. Keep posting.
            How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

Awesome to hear, bro. Can't wait to get my hands on one. Post some pics if you get the chance.
              How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

Sorry to of hijacked your thread, BM. It was unintentional. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Since you asked the question to begin with, what are your thoughts?

Comment

Rollin' Thunder, I just got it, and played it last night for the first time. I put new GHS Boomers 45-100 on it, and I was playing it through my Ampeg SVT 4 Pro, and Ampeg SVT 410 HLF cabinet. My initial thoughts? Next week, My 2000 Fender MIA P-Bass will be going on ebay. I'm Damn impressed with it. It plays great, has excellent tone, and is extremely versatile. When I played it last night, We were working on Doing some Recording for a demo CD, and I switched back and forth, and we all decided that it sounded quite a bit better than the P Bass. Not that the P Bass sounded bad, but that this one just sounded better. More Clarity, Better Definition, More Low end, More highs. It's Friggin Keeper! If you're thinking about getting one, I'd say go for it, I'm flat astonished at how good it sounds.

Comment

Working...
                  X