Piece of crap arrived...but I love it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piece of crap arrived...but I love it

I'm a guitar player, but it's always nice to have a bass around for recording, or just to thump on. I bought this off ebay a couple weeks ago. Got it cheap. Kind of rough, but it plays great! I think it's a 3B...not sure. SN#C706339. I got it all cleaned up, and now it doesnt look so bad. Neck thru. The bridge P/U has been replaced. Looks like the previous owner wore a spiked bracelet or something. It has a lot of dings right abouve the pups. I'm thinking about doing an "extreme makover" to it. Maybe a re-paint, or possibly a cracked mirror top. I may switch the bridge pup to an EMG. I need to plug it in to a real bass amp to see what kind of tone it has. My bass player had one of these a few years ago...The thing had Monster Tone! He sold his and bought a Dean. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] never quite figured that one out.
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Re: Piece of crap arrived...but I love it

I'll vouch for the P-man on the EMG trade - he's a great guy to deal with [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    He and me we did a similar trade a while back, and if you've not heard EMG bass pickups, they do indeed sound good [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

THANKS NEWC! i still prefer the jacksons to the emgs but to each his own. btw, what ever happened on the charvel explorer bass.if you told it i must have missed it
      The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

hey, i've got a set of emg p and j that i'll trade you forthe jackson pups and electronics. email me at [email protected]
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Originally posted by peabuddy:
          hey, i've got a set of emg p and j that i'll trade you forthe jackson pups and electronics. email me at [email protected]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">P-bud,
          Well, I'm not sure if I want to take the Jackson pups out. They seem to sound pretty good. The bridge pup is the one I'm not too sure of. But I may still be interested. Email me a pic of what you have. [email protected]
          >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Doesnt look like a peice of crap to me???

Ox

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Camel:
              Doesnt look like a peice of crap to me???
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK...Maybe that was a little "harsh". It was nasty when it came in. Needed a lot of cleaning. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I have one just like that. The neck is a bit wider than I like, but screw it. It's nice. I disabled the preamp because it was acting weird and I hate batteries and it still sounds pretty good. How much did you pay for yours? I gave $250 w/case for mine.

Comment

$175 shipped w/gig bag...not bad...not bad at all!
                  >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

That's the EXACT bass I'm looking for. Combination of J and P bass pickups, and a neck through, and I love Red. If either of you decide to sell yours, Please let me know! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got a black 3B, and it's a MONSTER. The electronics were toasted when I bought it, so I had an EMG Bass Expander installed. I used it in the studio to record my band's demo last year (along with another Charvel bass) and was blown away. Excellent bass for metal, and probably a lot of other styles too.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X