Jackson CBXNT IV & Charvel 3B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson CBXNT IV & Charvel 3B

Hello all! I'm new here, glad to find a forum like this one.

I have 2 questions right off the bat.. Does anyone know anything about the Jackson CBXNT IV line being discontinued and why? I ordered myself one a couple of weeks ago and the guy from my local guitar shop told me that it will arrive in about 3 to 4 weeks. On friday I got a call from the shop telling me that Jackson discontinued this particular line and they can't find any in stock at either one of their distributors.

And my second question is about a Charvel 3B. I found one for sale in my country but I don't know much about what they're worth. This is a picture of the bass, the guy says it's in great condition: https://forums.rgc.ro/uploads/monthl...492dafd1ff.jpg
    He is asking $1k for it, is it worth that much?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by 4_string_guy; 11-25-2018, 04:46 PM.
    * I want my music waking up the dead *

Bought my wife a Metallic blue 3B a few years ago for $300.00 here in the U.S.A. nice guitar. Not sure How the US dollar = to Romania.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I was also talking about dollars, he's asking 1000$ for the bass.

Comment

Any neckthrough USA or Japan-made Jackson or Charvel in playable condition is worth $1,000 in build quality alone.
        But at this point, I'd be inclined to avoid a bass that old. The frets are probably beat to hell, and are expensive to replace. It was a great bass when it was new, and if you can find one where the frets are in good shape, any price is a good price IMO because it's a bad-ass bass.

However, there are two things to remember about used Charvels and Jacksons:
        1. They have a very limited and ever-dwindling fan-base and they are actively engaged in an eternal "I got mine for less than you got yours" competition which artificially deflates the market, so take what anyone says they paid for theirs with a grain of salt. It is only indicative of that one sale, not a market barometer, and not "the current value". I bought a used USA Roswell for $950 some years ago. Did anyone else sell one for $950? I'm sure they could have, but they generally sold for $3K or more.
        2. Most retail outlets/pawn shops/mom-n-pop shops who are selling them used still consider them "Hair Metal Gee-Tarz from the 1980s", and cannot take them as seriously as a Fender or Gibson of the same age. Despite the fact most "Hair Metal" albums of the day were actually recorded with.....Fender Strats and Gibson Les Pauls.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll try to negociate the price a bit, maybe he lets it go for a couple hundo less

P.S. Anyone know anything about the CBXNT line?

Comment

Have not played one myself, but if it's not made in USA or Japan, it's not worth $1000 even if it is neckthrough.

I have the Ellefson CVX or whatever it was. Nice bass, reminds me a lot of the Concert V Professional series bass, especially the neck. Very different from the C5P (which is also a nice bass).
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The C5P is not really my thing haha.

Most Ellefsons are pretty good basses, tho.

Comment

I just bought a Charvel by Jackson and do not know much about it Serial 308424 and just wondered about any info available, I think it is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Joel79 View Post
                  I just bought a Charvel by Jackson and do not know much about it Serial 308424 and just wondered about any info available, I think it is awesome!
                  Welcome to the forum. Is it a bass? No need to post in someone else's thread about it. You can post a pic and start your own brand new thread to tell us all about your new guitar/bass.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X