USA JJ Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA JJ Bass

I scored this a few weeks ago for what I thought was a ridiculously cheap price, from some Goodwill's ebay store.

The auction said the electronics were non-functioning... not a big deal, I figured I could fix them. It turns out there were no batteries! Those dinguses! Put in the two nine volts and she sounds great. Finally got around to re-stringing and cleaning her up yesterday.

It's a USA JJ Bass, 32" scale. I think they made them from like '98-2000. The only other black one I've seen in the wild is Dan Lilker's. There are a few with the interference flames finish floating around. Really nice features on this one: Hipshot bridge with the string-thru/top-load option, Hipshot tuners, sculpted neck joint, Duncan MM Alnico pickup, Duncan 3-band EQ (running on 18 volts, which I believe was stock). It's light, small (can fit in a guitar gig bag), and sounds thick as hell. Thick rosewood board, nice quartersawn neck with scarf joint. Seems BARELY used, too!
    Last edited by metalhobo; 11-17-2017, 05:43 PM.

Cool, I like the single pup look.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Awesome! Always wanted to pick up one of those shorter scale basses.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X