Charvel 425SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 425SL

I have what appears to be a 425SL Bass, no model number label any where, small label in side with nothing but the number 5486 on it. If this is the serial number, the info I have says it was made in the USA in 1986 just before they sent production over seas. I'm not sure when this model was first made but was in production in Japan by company that bought Charvel. The info I have for the 425SL model was years 1991-1993. This Model is similar to Surfcaster except it is built like an acoustic with fixed wooden bridge and acoustic style pressure induced pickup compared to the Surfcaster with lipstick pickups, pickguard and adjustable metal bridge/saddle. Does anyone know or where I can find out if these were made in America before the transition and eventual sale to a Japanese company. I have already contacted Charvel customer support but they don't have information of the USA production Statistics available to them.

Those SL Series were made in Korea.Here is a 6 string version 325 SLX. Made in Korea.
    Last edited by jacksonaxes; 04-18-2017, 10:41 AM.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
    X