Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Ellefson

Hey,

I’m a big fan of Jackson guitars, ever since the 80’s. I’ve got a Surfcaster now but have played many different Jacksons over the years. I’ve owned a Rhoads and a Soloist and have loved the metal tone I get off them. A Jackson played through a Marshall stack is as close as it gets to auditory heaven for me. They’re great to play too - amazing action, just perfect for speed and a sweet tone.

I’m branching out into playing bass now though – a mate of mine has asked me to step in after his bass guitarist left the band in awkward circumstances. I’ve played a fair amount of bass too but currently don’t have a bass guitar. I was going to get a Fender but another friend told me that Jackson bass guitars are pretty sweet these days.

I’ve been looking at buying Jackson basses online but there are a lot to choose from. I like the look of the David Ellefson Concert CB IV

Anyone got any experience with this bass? The reviews are pretty good. Anyone know if it’s worth me going to check this baby out?
    Last edited by Surfman; 10-02-2016, 10:17 PM.

I like the kelly bass I played yesterday at GC, and its quite a bit cheaper than the ellefantson sig. Id like to think its just as nice.
    I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

Comment

I wish I had the experience even going to the store to check one out, but with 2 1990's Charvel 5stringers I have never had any reason to look for another.
      http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

In my opinion the best period of Jackson Charvel basses, like the guitars were from the 90's and the made in US and Japanese models. So I would check out some of those unless you can afford one of the USA basses!

Comment

I have the Ellefson 5-string CBX and it's a great bass. The knobs are kinda close together compared to the regular non-Ellefson CBX, and any of their other basses, and the EMG HZs on it kinda suck IMO. However, the neck is a lot like the old Concert V Pro, which is one of the best Jackson basses you can get.

Actually, you might also look at an older C5 with the 3+2 head and Duncan Designed pickups, as that's a great player and the pickups rock.

But if you're looking to buy new, the Ellefson is fine.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I personally never really liked many full sized basses. I actually preferred a Fender USA P-Bass over the BCR, Charvel Model and a USA Jackson that I owned, mostly because of the way they hung. I loved the Ibanez Ergodyne and I settled with Warwick and their Thumb bass.

Go to a few stores and play as many as you can. I'd also suggest bringing your strap and playing them standing.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Lol I don't think the guy cares since this thread has been dead since last October and he never bothered to reply, anyway.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well then fuck him!
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Comment

Fuck toejam
                    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Hi Lev!

Comment

Hey Joe
                        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                        X