New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Just joined the other day. I played bass for a long time and then put it down in the lat 90's. Picked one up last week and bought a JS3 and a Trace Elliot amp. I used to have a Charvel in the late 80's to early 80's and loved it. I had a P bass after that and shortly regretted switching. I have a lot of catching up to do, and feel like a guy waking up from a coma and having to learn how to walk again. Hope to learn as much as I can here.

Thanks

Welcome man!

Comment

Thanks, I'm a teacher, so taking the summer to get my chops back.

Comment

It's never too late, unless you're dead

Comment

Thank, just reading up on talkbass.com and watching YouTube videos to get my chops back.

Comment

I actually liked my Fender Std P-Bass more than my Charvel or BCR ST. lol

Anyway, welcome!
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

NOt sure what your budget is, or if it has room, but the new Jackson CBXNT IV is a REALLY nice bass for 550. 3 Band eq and decent dual coil pickups. Best part is the neck, really reminds me of my old Custom Concert. Pictured below with my Kelly.

[url]http://i136.photobucket.co
              Last edited by mournblade; 07-12-2016, 11:24 PM.

Comment

I won a JS3 on ebay, will start with that. I also got a Trace Elliot amp and speaker setup and a MXR 80. Will be ready when I get back in shape for live playing.

Comment

Damm I got equipment envy!

Comment

Thanks. My real rig is a MESA 8:88 Strategy Tube head into a Mesa 4x12 (and soon to add Mesa custom silver and black 8x10). None of my BCR's are pictured (this being a Jackson Forum),but I have a bunch of sweet custom handmade BCR basses.

Comment

Working...
                    X