Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a USA bass with a Star Wars graphic. Can anyone help

Hi there, the good folk of the forum.
    I'm trying to track down a USA made bass guitar from 1990/91.
    It was built for the UK market, specifically for the owner of a music shop in Kent.
    However, when the bass arrived it had been built right handed. It was supposed to be left handed. So another one was built and the right handed version ended up in a shop called Brixton Exchange (BEM) for sale at £699.

This is the left handed version. The bass has a Kahler trem, humbucker at the bridge and reverse P pickup.
    This bass belonged to my former boss and band mate, Big Mart from the group Live n Kickin. Mart passed away last year and I have continued his band (his absolute wishes were the show must go on). I am the singer but I have now taken on the bass guitar duties.

So I'm trying to find the right handed model. I've tried on Basschat (UK), Talkbass (US) and in various facebook groups.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Wiz

I remember when you posted this on talkbass with the different picture last year...still looking I guess?
    I hope someday you DO find it!!!!!!
    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

yes I've posted it everywhere I can think of. I know the right handed one exists as I've spoken to the original importer who remembers it. It's also been photographed for a book, called 'The Ultimate Guitar book'

Comment

Good luck! That wouldn't even be needle in the haystack kind of lucky, more like specific grain of sand on a beach type of lucky.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if someone repainted it because they were so angry over the Prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
            It wouldn't surprise me if someone repainted it because they were so angry over the Prequel.
            Nah, it's a bass. I don't think anyone would put that much effort into it. Some guy probably bought it and it's probably been sitting in a garage forgotten... probably similar chance it's either beat to hell and neglected or has been in the case most of it's life under a pile of crap.

Comment

...nothing special in any way EXCEPT to livenkicken for sentimental value. if it was a plain white usa concert, it would still mean the same amount.
              At least with a special paintjob, it can easily be singled out from the sea of Concerts.

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                ...nothing special in any way EXCEPT to livenkicken for sentimental value. if it was a plain white usa concert, it would still mean the same amount.
                At least with a special paintjob, it can easily be singled out from the sea of Concerts.
                With documented factory unlicensed Star Wars graphic? I think that adds a little value, even though not really to me.

Comment

ya that would put it in a category on its own beyond the standard learn/lawrence paintjobs.

Comment

Well, I've found it.
                    It's turned up, in the UK on the Basschat forum.
                    I received a message about it this morning.
                    Today would have been Martin's birthday and it turns up.

Wiz
                    Last edited by LivenKickin; 10-28-2016, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Wow, awesome!

Comment

I saw the post on talkbass, and for the 2nd time, congrats..

I wonder where the lefty is?
                        I guess since they both are p/HB's and have Kahlers on them, there was some sort of theme going on.

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                          I saw the post on talkbass, and for the 2nd time, congrats..

I wonder where the lefty is?
                          I guess since they both are p/HB's and have Kahlers on them, there was some sort of theme going on.
                          The left handed one resides with his partner

Originally the order to Jackson was for a left handed bass, kahler bass trem, 2 pickups, Star Wars graphic. But Jackson made it right handed by mistake and then rushed a left handed version through

Comment

Awesome story. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                            X