Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Anthony's Prepro Charvel Blood Splatter Bass !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Anthony's Prepro Charvel Blood Splatter Bass !!

Thought you guys would dig this Van Halen history!

Michael Anthony's Prepro Charvel Blood Splatter Bass! Autographed !!

I tracked this down in Pasadena, CA from a family friend who's owned it since 1988. Used on tour, in promo pics, it's also the bass in the Rotosound ad, which ran in Guitar Player, Guitar World, and Hit Parader in 1987.

The Bass is in excellent and original condition. The Badass bridge is oxidized and gummed with sweat and the fingerboard has been left as is and not cleaned. Check out the 3 & 1 Explorer head, Front jack input, clear electronics cover and note the custom hole at the top of the body, so that Mike could grab and manuever the bass effortlessly. The hole is paint finished with blood drips inside. I was told that Mike fingerprinted 'KILLER' on the back at Charvel upon its completion. Numbered 211 in neck heel. Insane !!! No doubt one of a kind! Original Hard Shell Case as well!

Plays great and is now residing at the Swiss Picks office. Hope ya'll DIG IT !!

This is the first of the 2 Blood Splatter basses that Mike owned. The 2nd is the WDFA back with is a later model with the pointy headstock.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SwissPicks; 12-25-2015, 12:22 PM. Reason: Forgot some details.

Wow that's a keeper for sure.
    Congrats!

Comment

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Wow that is awesome.

Comment

Very cool! Congrats.

Comment

That's pretty... killer!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is special indeed!
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Hot damn!

Comment

Very cool bass, even without the artist connection. Wish he was back in VH, for a full original lineup. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

every time I see this on the FB page, it just makes me want to red splatter my explorer since it ALSO has a maple fretboard... that hole though and the killer on the back? Naw, that will be for the REAL one :P
                    http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Yeah, I'll NEVER accept Wolfie as being in VH. No offense to the kid, but Michael Anthony will ALWAYS be recognized as THE bass player.

Comment

Working...
                      X