Jackson Stars value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars value?

Hey guys! Is $1200 a good price for a Jackson Stars Rhodes? There's been one floating around on the 'bay (the Katana guitars guy); it looks really sweet, but with $$$ in such short supply, I'm wondering if I should wait it out to see if the price drops...:think:
    WarPig____________________________________________
    "Live every day as if it were your last...
    ...one day it will be."

It depends on whether it's a J1 (or TN01) or a J2 (TN02). Good deal for the former (ebony, MoP, hardcase...), bad for the latter (stripped ebony, MOTO, softcase...). Yen is strong against both the Euro and the USD at the moment, so Jackson Stars are expensive unless you live in Japan.

Comment

It's a J2. Thanks - you saved me from making a bad decision!
      ...one day it will be."

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
        Hey guys! Is $1200 a good price for a Jackson Stars Rhodes?
        A Jackson Stars what now?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Comment

Originally posted by WarPig View Post
            It's a J2. Thanks - you saved me from making a bad decision!
            As I don't know what guitar you're looking at, I should have said that the RR-J2SP (rear-loaded, one hum) was an exception as it had an ebony board and MoP inlays.

Comment

It also depends on if it has 24 frets or 22. Good luck finding a 2-hum 24 fret neckthrough USA or Professional Series Rhoads for $1200. The MSRP for the TN-0x models is $1600 - $1800.

Striped ebony is not bad wood. Not all ebony is jet black. Most manufacturers dye their ebony boards to make them jet black.

MOP/MOTO is inconsequential to the tone.

All JacksonStars come with only the soft case. Even the high-end Killer RG-Prime (Akira Takasaki) models that cost $2500-$3500 come with only a soft case.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                All JacksonStars come with only the soft case. Even the high-end Killer RG-Prime (Akira Takasaki) models that cost $2500-$3500 come with only a soft case.
                What? All my JacksonStars came with a hardcase...

AFAIK the J1 series came with a hardcase, I don't know about the current TN01s... J2 and below was softcase.
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I ordered mine with a hard case, it was like 100$ more.
                  In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Hard cases are available but none are included. At least that's what I was told when I bought my NASLs. I also paid $100 extra for a hard case.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Hard cases are available but none are included. At least that's what I was told when I bought my NASLs. I also paid $100 extra for a hard case.
                      It's hard to beat italicization as an argument, but you're wrong.

J1s came with hard cases and J2s with soft cases. You can see it on archived copies of the Stars web-site. For example, here's the RR page in November 2006:

http://web.archive.org/web/200611280...s.com/top.html

Comment

Damn frames websites. Here you go:

http://web.archive.org/web/200503021...m/rrspecs1.htm

Comment

DAMMIT! I knew I shoulda got the NASL J1 instead of the J2!!!!!!!1111

Ok, fine, so the J1s came with the hard case. That's what I get for grabbing up the NOS NASL-160 that was being blown-out to make room for the J1 model changeover

Comment

Did you have a group shot of your NASLs? Would love to see it if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              There's a word for people like me: DUMBASS

Rhoads. I have no excuse.

If I didn't have tags sewn into my clothes, I wouldn't know how to spell my own name. And that's Mister O'theLoom to you.
                              ...one day it will be."

Comment

Working...
                              X