No announcement yet.

Jackson Stars value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, the one on eBay I was referring to is: http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Jackso...QQcmdZViewItem
    WarPig____________________________________________
    "Live every day as if it were your last...
    ...one day it will be."

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post

Did you have a group shot of your NASLs? Would love to see it if you do.

As a matter of fact....

Top to bottom:

NASL-160 in Antique Cherryburst
      NASL-J2E in gloss black (originally came with black hardware and EMGs - swapped them out for Duncans and gold)
      NASL-160 in Antique Cherryburst (the New Old Stock one that I mentioned - my first one)
      NASL-145 in Trans Black - At least I think it's the 145. It's definitely an older "Pre-J" model, but it's not a 110 since those had dot inlays. I seem to recall there being a 145 (or 130?) on the old J-Stars site that had similar specs/inlays to the 160, but without binding. I also seem to recall there was like a "30" or "45" difference between each model level (110, 130/145, 160).
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Wow, I didn't know you had that many, Newc. You are the NASL-Master.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yup. Almost had a 5th one the other day from Ishibashi but it was gone before I could get it. It was a nice trans red 145.

I'd love to find one in trans white or trans blue.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That's an awesome collection Newc. Diggin' the TOM + stopbar one.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Yup. Almost had a 5th one the other day from Ishibashi but it was gone before I could get it. It was a nice trans red 145.

I'd love to find one in trans white or trans blue.
              Every time i see one online I think of you. The last one that i saw and tried to send though apparently sold in the time i saw it to the time i tried to post it (like 5 minutes)
              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Now that Jackson Stars are no more, will the value of Jackson Stars likely go up or will the value go down ?

Comment

I'll go with "what is stay the same" Alex.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1970 View Post
                    Now that Jackson Stars are no more, will the value of Jackson Stars likely go up or will the value go down ?
                    Uh yeah I left out "or will they stay they same."

Comment

Dealers blew out the Jackson Stars at 50% list or less when the trademark issue was resolved and Jacksons for the Japanese market could be branded just "Jackson" again, at least here in Japan.

What's disappointing to me is that accompanying the end of "Japanese market only" guitars, there are no longer "high end" MIJ Jacksons (ebony, MOP, OFR, etc.).
                      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                        Dealers blew out the Jackson Stars at 50% list or less when the trademark issue was resolved and Jacksons for the Japanese market could be branded just "Jackson" again, at least here in Japan.

What's disappointing to me is that accompanying the end of "Japanese market only" guitars, there are no longer "high end" MIJ Jacksons (ebony, MOP, OFR, etc.).
                        ^^

It really is a shame they shut down the jstars custom shop. I don't think if they kept them Japan market only that it would have impacted US custom shop or even really USA select sales.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          It really is a shame they shut down the jstars custom shop.
                          For sure. I'm glad I got mine when I did

I don't think if they kept them Japan market only that it would have impacted US custom shop or even really USA select sales.
                          Actually, it was nearly impossible to buy new USA Jacksons in Japan for about 15 years or so, because the only entity that was allowed by law to import/sell Jackson branded guitars was Kurosawa Gakki, who owned the registration for the mark "Jaxon" with respect to musical instruments (which was revoked last year). So in Japan, USA Jacksons were only available at Kurosawa Gakki shops in the Tokyo/Yokohama area.
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            As a matter of fact....

I sent you two of those, right? Or was it three?

Comment

Working...
                            X