Stealth HX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
    I had an HX ans i miss it. It was a great guitar. Plenty of tone and sustain. And the three hum option was killer. Just needed a swap out of the stock pups and it was a keeper that unfortunately i had to sell. I may get another soon tho. I have a lead one for a really fair price. But no case . I think they only made them for 94 and part of 95. So not too many out there. Exact numbers are still M.I.A. but it's got to be low. Like maybe 250 range. i wouldnt pay more than 350-400 for a dead mint in something other than black. but a played balck one about 250-300 range is fair i think.
    Gil

meeeee toooo i miss my old hx. i bought it from a friend who sold it to me on the condition i never sell it ...then i introduced him to my girl. i saw they liked eachother so i broke up with her. they both got attitudes with me for reasons i'm still not sure of (and they're still together today) so i sold the hx for 100bucks out of spite but just f**k'd myself out of a great guitar. man, the stupidity of my teen years still kill me.

Comment

Hey really thinned the herd over here guitar wise but that HX was one i kept. Looks a little different now though lol.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Cool. Still got the Tone Zone and the J50N in there, huh, Carl? That tie-dye paint job is psychedelic!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah I like the Tone Zone..... and neck pickups are just for show anyway lol

Comment

LOL I use the neck pickup once in awhile, and I thought the J50N was definitely one of the better ones.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I obtained an HX on ebay three years ago. Paid 150 plus shipping. good idea...

about a year prior, I played the one that somebody my stepdad knew had - I couldnt get it out of my mind for long enough that I decided I'd keep an eye out, and snagged it. If you can fix the neck (and yes, it is the thinnest I think I'll ever see), the guitar is well worth it. However, I only put light strings on it, because when I was really into metal, I tried fat bottom ones, and found they put the toothpick-neck in misery. That was with tightening the truss rod all the way.

The only reason I don't play it more is because my RG570 has an Air Norton/FRED combo in it, while the HX still has the stock ones. with the settings I use on my GT8, the neck one is the only pickup that sounds that good. It's a neat little guitar... weird angular shape, and the string-thru design gives it a lot of oomph.

Comment

Working...
              X