How much is my Dinky HX worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is my Dinky HX worth?

I am going to have to sell my dinky HX. I have been having a soreness in my left wrist that I get after I play it that I do not have after I play my Charvel 475. I have attributed it to the neck being too small.

It is a 1994 Jackson Dinky HX. It has Planet waves locking tuners, Duncan Distortion and Jazz pickups, and has recently been prefessionally setup.

Any idea on what this guitar is worth?

Here is a picture.

As has been discussed (and proven in the Classifieds or on eBay) numerous times, don't count on recouping upgrade expenses such as tuners and pickups when selling a used guitar. I would expect that guitar to sell for as low as $275 and as high as $500. Prior to the DK2T coming out, it would have probably fetched a bit more due to the lack of a TOM bridge option or real Duncans available on a new Jackson, but considering the price and availability of the DK2T, that's working against you a bit.
    sigpic

Comment

Thats about the range I figured. I am going to ask $400 or $450 locally and see where it gets me.

Thanks

Comment

Well, only 100 are made of those HX guitars back in 93 or 94 as far as i remember. So that must increase its value a little somehow...
        Nice one. Where are you from man?

Comment

Damn, that's just what I am looking for...

Shame you are not based in the UK. Nice guitar.

P.S. What do you mean abut the neck being too small? (Too thin?)

Comment

Originally posted by RunDMC View Post
            P.S. What do you mean abut the neck being too small? (Too thin?)
            Most likely too thin. Both necks should go from 1 11/16" at the nut to 2 1/4" at the heel for width.

I think it might have a hard time breaking $300 unless you find someone who is desparately looking for one because of a lack of a trem. And times are tuff, everyone dumping gear to pay for gas. In better times it would sell for more.

Comment

I'm from Wichita, KS and yes the neck is too thin. I have fairly large hands and and my left arm and wrist are killing me right know. I believe some of it is due to the neck on the guitar as it hurts much worse after I have played for a while.

I may post it in the classifides if I can't find a local buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarplayer View Post
                I'm from Wichita, KS and yes the neck is too thin. I have fairly large hands and and my left arm and wrist are killing me right know. I believe some of it is due to the neck on the guitar as it hurts much worse after I have played for a while.

I may post it in the classifides if I can't find a local buyer.
                You have to be a Platinum Member to post a WTS/WTB ad in the classifieds. Nice looking guitar, by the way.
                MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
                X