Rr-5 Vs Rr-1(t)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gabriel Raphael View Post
    Well it is a fact, read the articles yourself, if it was my opinion i would of said so, the student models where supposed to be the exact thing as the custom but with out the cosmetics at affordable prices such as a RR3 today, NOT A RR1 running into $2000-$3000
    There were Student USA models back in the '80s. An RR1 was not even around then, as everything was made to custom order.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      There were Student USA models back in the '80s. An RR1 was not even around then, as everything was made to custom order.
      Peace

The post above shows the 3rd Student model ever made as well as my guitars.

But my point again was that based on the statements made about the guitar's future by Randy Rhoads and Grover Jackson.
      From what i understood (i could be wrong too) the "Student model" was to be a affordable version and replica of Randy's Black non tremolo Flying offset V (AKA Concord)., but price been low meant stripping down all the cosmetic add ones as well (not the type of wood!)., You seem more open minded here so if i am wrong do tell me about that., You can get this info around the net as well reading RR forums etc.

I understand that the costs for the earlier RR Student models where very high back when hey first where been made, but now with the machines to make it easier we have the Japanese imports..

So why not have a RR student Replica instead of a RR5 sold between $500 o $1000 depending on cosmetics and add ons while a Custom Floyd equipped version handled by the custom shop since the original plan was to make them affordable and NOT to degrade the quality of the wood or change them. I assume the prices will drop, and it is what i recently heard from people at Jackson, but honestly, i do not see a drop at all.
      Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-26-2008, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernXer View Post
        Does anything you throw up make sense??? I am still trying to understand your cowboy reference...
        Haha

But your attempts to attack other people's character while not providing facts is perfectly fine, why do you do it when you lack understanding in teh first place only proves you like putting your own foot in your mouth, You come off scared and threatened about something, not sure if its xenophobia with city slickers from living in Texas or your invested interest in Jackson been financial.... but something just will not make sense to you but your not sharing why. Before you put your foot in your mouth again with your mixed up Jackson history, they are indeed OVER PRICED COWBOY? maybe that bugs you when i say that , HEE HAW
        Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-26-2008, 08:14 AM.

Comment

:ROTF:
          Originally posted by Gabriel Raphael View Post
          Haha

But your attempts to attack other people's character while not providing facts is perfectly fine, why do you do it when you lack understanding in teh first place only proves you like putting your own foot in your mouth, You come off scared and threatened about something, not sure if its xenophobia with city slickers from living in Texas or your invested interest in Jackson been financial.... but something just will not make sense to you but your not sharing why. Before you put your foot in your mouth again with your mixed up Jackson history, they are indeed OVER PRICED COWBOY? maybe that bugs you when i say that , HEE HAW

Whatever, you don't seem very educated and your arguments are silly. I have never attacked anyone's character. In fact, I really don't post much. I have never bought a guitar "as a financial investment", and I could care less what kind of a "city slicker" you are. That's silly that you have even brought that up. Take your meds, brother. It'll work itself out alright. There is a difference between the RR3 and the RR5, a big difference. Buy which ever you like, the guitar doesn't make the player.

And by the way, I'd love to keep this spirited exchange up with you but I do have a ranch to run here in Southfork. :ROTF:
          Last edited by SouthernXer; 01-26-2008, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Back to the original question (not "who has the biggest bag"), always try and buy the best guitar you can afford at the time. That way you have no regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
              Back to the original question (not "who has the biggest bag"), always try and buy the best guitar you can afford at the time. That way you have no regrets.
              I agree. Very good advice.

Comment

I'd say go for the rr5. I prefer the 14-16 fretboard radiues it has as opposed to the rr1's 12-16. I loved the rr5 I had for a short time and I have played several rr1s and I have not liked them. The rr1 necks seem beefier too. The one draw back of the rr5 is the gold hardware. You can't use any polishes or the finish comes off easily.
                I am not comparing quality just feel.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernXer View Post

I had sex with Jenna Jameson, once.
                  lol,

i came across this 2008 thread and found it interesting that it turns out this guy Gabriel was correct and been trolled by the same selfish people who betrayed Randy's family just a few years after this thread as well as possibly burglarized their home recently during 2020, btw asserting that someone is lying about meeting Randy or anyone is indeed a character attack..the film makers where also doing this to someone from EVH's guitar company to get photos of a guy there who met Randy., SCAMMERS!

Randy's family did clear it up that Randy had originally planned to market two Jackson V models, and in the same fashion as one would Classical guitars, which would mean the custom shop ones where to be called the CONCERT and the more affordable one the Student,

This info was even in articles before Randy died., the RR1 is the idea of a concert while the RR5 neck through is a Student.

Just after this thread Randy's (who would accepted anything they could support Randy's Legacy for his fans) went public about this topic and been ripped off over some film this same guy here Gabriel was warning them about..

I guess these articles where not online when this guy was been trolled and smeared, but here they are---> article https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...on_Concorde_Vs related to the same story as well
                  Last edited by Rana; 04-28-2020, 06:32 AM.

Comment

I recently sold my 25th anniversary Concorde (23 of 25) and still have my PCS Rhoads which is a custom shop replica of Randy's second "Concorde" (black one above). #RIP Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Rana View Post
                      lol,

i came across this 2008 thread and found it interesting that it turns out this guy Gabriel was correct and been trolled by the same selfish people who betrayed Randy's family just a few years after this thread as well as possibly burglarized their home recently during 2020, btw asserting that someone is lying about meeting Randy or anyone is indeed a character attack..the film makers where also doing this to someone from EVH's guitar company to get photos of a guy there who met Randy., SCAMMERS!

Randy's family did clear it up that Randy had originally planned to market two Jackson V models, and in the same fashion as one would Classical guitars, which would mean the custom shop ones where to be called the CONCERT and the more affordable one the Student,

This info was even in articles before Randy died., the RR1 is the idea of a concert while the RR5 neck through is a Student.

Just after this thread Randy's (who would accepted anything they could support Randy's Legacy for his fans) went public about this topic and been ripped off over some film this same guy here Gabriel was warning them about..

I guess these articles where not online when this guy was been trolled and smeared, but here they are---> article https://www.premierguitar.com/articl...on_Concorde_Vs related to the same story as well
                      What are you talking about?

This is a 12 year old thread. “Gabriel” has not been on these forums since 2008, yet you feel the need to necro this old thread talking shit that you frankly know nothing about? You come off a little unhinged dude.

The RR5 has nothing to do with Rhoads other than the shape, color, and pin stripes. The body shape does not even match the first Concorde. The woods are completely different. The RR5 does not even have a tremolo, which the original Concorde did have. A vtrem to be exact.

The RR1 was decades after Rhoads death.

Rhoads ordered 4 guitars from Grover. The white Concorde (delivered early 1981), the black Concorde (delivered December 1981) and two concordes that were never finished. Rhoads family has the two that were delivered. The other two were sold to collectors in 1982 & 1984. Rhoads died in March 1982. Jackson guitar did not start taking orders from the public until 1983. Grover did not have a plan to sell Jacksons to the public when Rhoads was alive. It was Rhoads death that created the public interest in the Jackson Vs. so the idea that Rhoads and Grover had some business plan is patently false. The only plans they had during Randy’s life was the creation of 4 custom made guitars. That is it.

Who are you claiming stole Rhoads’ gear? A forum member? Do you have knowledge of the theft? Were you involved? How do you know what happened if you were not involved? The police have no idea of who did it but you do? You are either crazy or involved IMO. Rhoads’ gear was stolen from Musonia, a business not the family home.

Gabriel was not being trolled he was about as crazy as you are.
                      Last edited by CaptNasty; 05-26-2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rana View Post
                        Wrong. The RR1 came many years after Randy's death, and the RR5 came many more years after that.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X