Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr-5 Vs Rr-1(t)

hi guys,

I'm really interested in a Rhoads but I don't wanna pay 2200-2500 bucks... I thought the RR5 is the same guitar as the RR-1T. NeckThru, SeymourDuncans... but the only thing that's different is the hardware, right? The RR5 is such a killer guitar, or is it worth to pay 1000 € more???
    Greetz from germany!
    RATT RULES!

The differences are these:

RR5:
    Flat-sawn maple neck
    Rosewood fretboard
    Plastic inlays

RR1T:
    Finer wood selection
    Quartersawn maple neck
    Ebony Fretboard
    Mother of Pearl inlays
    Mother of pearl logo
    Bound Fretboard & headstock

Most of those 1000 Euros will just give you a prettier looking guitar. I can't say if the RR1T would sound better or not, but I would at least expect the quality to be much more even. If you buy an RR-5, you may get one that sounds great, but there are also chances you'd get one that isn't quite as resonant.

Comment

RR5 =

no binding,

Rosewood fretboard

Plastic inlays

Comment

I was under the impression that all Jacksons except for maybe the Indians use quartersawn necks.

And since plastic has as little affect on tone as mother of pearl, I don't understand the hate for (or fear of) it.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          I was under the impression that all Jacksons except for maybe the Indians use quartersawn necks.

And since plastic has as little affect on tone as mother of pearl, I don't understand the hate for (or fear of) it.
          Peace people

I agree with you about the inlays and several points as much as the 2nd poster about the quality, Jackson only did this to make it seem as there is a significant difference., but you only can tell if your a serious player

I have a RR5, no floyd!, and the quality difference between a RR3 and RR5 is as distance as a RR1 and RR5.

Facts: Jackson Custom Shops are the best guitars in the world, especially once made by Grover Jackson the man himself like the 2 he made for Randy Rhoads.

My older brother played Randy's white V, it was incredible what Jackson did, basically Randy had a really great Custom Les Paul, one of those rare vintage guitars you luck out with awesome action, but it was a bit heavy for him or anyone, so Grover Jackson recreated the exact fingerboard he was used to, made it even better and turned it into a Offset flying V Randy designed.

The RR5 is the guitar Randy wanted to call the concord and put it into production., Grover Stated that after Randy died he decided it will be called the RANDY RHOADS MODEL no doubt as well as agreed with Randy's family to not sell identical white V's with out there permission.

But the RR5 ha no tremolo and since Production took off Jackson has yet provided the exact replica of what Randy wanted it to be in terms of th quality of a RR1, i know for a fact Randy did not want those guitars to sell at $2000, he planned a custom/concert/ or performer level model as well as a affordable student model, the RR5 is exactly that but not to Randy's wishes.¡ which was the same wood cut and make but with out the cosmetics.

I would get the RR5, i have one myself for practicing and recording at home, as well as a RR3 and RR1.

But the facts are quality lasts and Custom shop guitars are 99 percent of the time perfect.

Even after all i posted i think a RR3 is fine if your looking to beat it in, you can allways find a Jackson Bolt-on neck with binding and swap it.
          Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-26-2008, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Jeezus! The post above will surely take the price for "most dubious post of 2008" award - and it's still only January! Where's the hell is the BS graemlin?

Newc: The hate/fear of MOTO is only founded in the way it looks compared to MOP.
            As far as I've understood things; The early 90's Pro models had quartersawn necks like the USAs, while the "lesser" models (Std, EX) had not. I'd suspect that the quartersawn necks on imports were dropped with the Pro line.
            Last edited by Sunbane; 01-24-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

can you translate that to english

the guys point is why pay for fancy pearl inlay when you get the guitar you need, i will repeat again, get a RR5 or a RR3, forget the new Jacksons like the ones at NAMM 2008, your getting for a nice arty car finish for your money aside the guitar.

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
              Jeezus! The post above will surely take the price for "most dubious post of 2008" award - and it's still only January! Where's the hell is the BS graemlin?

Newc: The hate/fear of MOTO is only founded in the way it looks compared to MOP.
              As far as I've understood things; The early 90's Pro models had quartersawn necks like the USAs, while the "lesser" models (Std, EX) had not. I'd suspect that the quartersawn necks on imports were dropped with the Pro line.
              Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-24-2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel Raphael View Post
                i will repeat again, get a RR5 or a RR3.
                He obviously wants a string thru - neck thru guitar (RR5 RR1t), so RR3 (bolt on, floyded) is out......

I'm wanting the same thing, it just depends how hung up you are on the cosmetic features (binding, MOP, etc).....a used RR1t could be found for about the same as a new RR5, or get a used RR5 and save some $$$$......
                I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

can you translate that to english
                  No disrespect meant, but I think it is you, my friend, who needs to learn some more english.

You're claiming a lot of things that sound absurd. First; "my brother played Randy's white V". Well, sure he did. Who was he?

Perhaps you can also explain how you "know for a fact" that "Randy did not want this", or "Randy wanted that". Psychic medium? Voices from the other side?

The RR5 is irrelevant when talking about the Randy era guitars anyway, as it only appeared in the product line 19 years after Randy's death, and is very different from the guitars that Randy recieved from Jackson. There is no doubt that the RR5 is an excellent guitar, but it is not "the guitar that Randy wanted". The RR1T will be closer, but the differences will still be considerable.

The guitars that probably are closest to Randy's prototypes, are the JCF-01 limited run (all made in the Custom Shop). Sure, the RR1T and RR5 look a lot like Randy's, but they are different animals.

Comment

The guitars that probably are closest to Randy's prototypes, are the JCF-01 limited run (all made in the Custom Shop).
                    Don't forget the PCS Rhoads.
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

No disrespect meant, but I think it is you, my friend, who needs to learn some more english.

You're claiming a lot of things that sound absurd. First; "my brother played Randy's white V". Well, sure he did. Who was he?

Perhaps you can also explain how you "know for a fact" that "Randy did not want this", or "Randy wanted that". Psychic medium? Voices from the other side?

The RR5 is irrelevant when talking about the Randy era guitars anyway, as it only appeared in the product line 19 years after Randy's death, and is very different from the guitars that Randy recieved from Jackson. There is no doubt that the RR5 is an excellent guitar, but it is not "the guitar that Randy wanted". The RR1T will be closer, but the differences will still be considerable.

The guitars that probably are closest to Randy's prototypes, are the JCF-01 limited run (all made in the Custom Shop). Sure, the RR1T and RR5 look a lot like Randy's, but they are different animals.
                      Haha, are you a Psychic medium? , how did you guess i said anything about what Randy liked or not, show me where i said that.

All i know is what was published about the making of Randy's guitar by Grover Jackson himself, i myself never played Randy's guitars and i do know more then just my older brother who did, i do not need to back that up cause it dos not matter, point is Grover Jackson's own made guitars are far better then all the people making those at the custom shop, the reasons are evident in process and handling Grover took for Randys.

If anyone wants a really good Jackson ask for a custom made one of there own., otherwise try as many as you can cause they are not all are the same., i went through several RR5s before i selected mine.

It is not my english that is a problem here, maybe you should not assume things about people, again i ask if you a Psychic medium?

And i agree with your statement about the JCF-01 limited run been closer to the prototypes and i like to add that Randy was expecting a flying V with a Floyd Rose designed by Grover Jackson himself as well, this was also published in his 2nd guitar seminar.

BTW

Here is my guitar incase you start saying i made that up too
                      Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-24-2008, 08:30 PM.

Comment

The pro line still exists BTW, it's just called the J1, and the TN1 line now. I have an RR Professional STD, and the quality of that guitar is as good if not better than american Jackson's that I have owned or played. No joke..It's awesome.

Comment

Dont forget about the KB Rhoads. For the price, I'd rather have a KB over the RR5. RR1t > KB > RR5 > RR3

Comment

Haha, are you a Psychic medium? , how did you guess i said anything about what Randy liked or not, show me where i said that.
                            Although I am usually not this petty, just to save Sunbane the trouble.

i know for a fact Randy did not want those guitars to sell at $2000, he planned a performer and student model, the RR5 is exactly that.
                            Last edited by QuantumRider; 01-24-2008, 10:13 PM.
                            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                              Dont forget about the KB Rhoads. For the price, I'd rather have a KB over the RR5. RR1t > KB > RR5 > RR3

Hell yeah. Me too. If I had to pick between the KBRR and the RR5, the Bond would win. But for now, the JCF-01, PCS RR, Goldie and RR1T will have to suffice.
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X