Rr-5 Vs Rr-1(t)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
    Hell yeah. Me too. If I had to pick between the KBRR and the RR5, the Bond would win. But for now, the JCF-01, PCS RR, Goldie and RR1T will have to suffice.
    If you let me have Goldie, then you can get a KB. :ROTF:
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
      Although I am usually not this petty, just to save Sunbane the trouble.
      Peace,

According to a "Guitar player" magazine article there was a Classical Guitar Scheme in deciding the Series of the RR guitars, the Concussion was that there would be 2 basic guitar models of the so called "Concord" and they where not going to have CHARVEL on them since Grover Jackson made them him self., this was the beginning of what we know as "Jackson" guitars.

The Student
      models where going to come as string through body but with out pearl inlays and all the other cosmetic features as the Concert aka Custom models and at very affordable prices for any young beginner, i remember a rough estimate been $500 dollars then, something you pay for a RR3 today.

The Custom models (supposed to be called the Concert Model) where going to come with Grover Jackson's own double locking Floyd Rose systems (Randy did not live to try them) and at prices ranging with what we pay for the RR5 today to whatever extra done to them via custom shop orders.

But after Randy lost his life Grover Jackson changed allot of things besides just providing limited editions etc etc., i personally prefer Randy's idea which was that the Concord would be sold at very affordable prices by compromising cosmetic features.

Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-25-2008, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Ah.

I had misinterpreted "I know for a fact" to mean that you had personal knowledge, as opposed to "it is a documented fact"...

Thanks for clearing that up.

And Peace be with you, too
        Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
          Ah.

I had misinterpreted "I know for a fact" to mean that you had personal knowledge, as opposed to "it is a documented fact"...

Thanks for clearing that up.

And Peace be with you, too
          Yeah i know, sorry

Comment

I don't think I need to back up my what I'm writing here. It is Raphael who wrote "FACTS:", and then proceeded to type a long list of dubious statements. For instance this: "The RR5 is the guitar Randy wanted to call the concord...". Not. Randy died in 1982. Grover left Jackson Guitars some time in the late 80's. The RR5 debuted in 2001. I'm not going to waste any more rhetorics on that.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
              Dont forget about the KB Rhoads. For the price, I'd rather have a KB over the RR5. RR1t > KB > RR5 > RR3

Totally agree. That Bonds Rhoads is a nice piece of kit for a great price...

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                Hell yeah. Me too. If I had to pick between the KBRR and the RR5, the Bond would win. But for now, the JCF-01, PCS RR, Goldie and RR1T will have to suffice.
                Originally posted by toejam View Post
                If you let me have Goldie, then you can get a KB. :ROTF:
                Pony up that Black Star and a G-note and we can talk............maybe.:ROTF:
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel Raphael View Post
                  Peace,

According to a "Guitar player" magazine article there was a Classical Guitar Scheme in deciding the Series of the RR guitars, the Concussion was that there would be 2 basic guitar models of the so called "Concord" and they where not going to have CHARVEL on them since Grover Jackson made them him self., this was the beginning of what we know as "Jackson" guitars.

The Student
                  models where going to come as string through body but with out pearl inlays and all the other cosmetic features as the Concert aka Custom models and at very affordable prices for any young beginner, i remember a rough estimate been $500 dollars then, something you pay for a RR3 today.

The Custom models (supposed to be called the Concert Model) where going to come with Grover Jackson's own double locking Floyd Rose systems (Randy did not live to try them) and at prices ranging with what we pay for the RR5 today to whatever extra done to them via custom shop orders.

But after Randy lost his life Grover Jackson changed allot of things besides just providing limited editions etc etc., i personally prefer Randy's idea which was that the Concord would be sold at very affordable prices by compromising cosmetic features.

the Rhoads was available as a Student model. Check out "RacerX's Couch Shot" thread, Ron has posted a picture of his 80's Student Rhoads. They are a distinctly different guitar to the modern RR5 (as Sunbane has pointed out)
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                    I don't think I need to back up my what I'm writing here. It is Raphael who wrote "FACTS:", and then proceeded to type a long list of dubious statements. For instance this: "The RR5 is the guitar Randy wanted to call the concord...". Not. Randy died in 1982. Grover left Jackson Guitars some time in the late 80's. The RR5 debuted in 2001. I'm not going to waste any more rhetorics on that.
                    Peace,
                    Grover Jackson
                    I made a couple of the guitars that Randy played up until his death: the white offset-V kind of instrument, and the black one. These have "Jackson" on the peghead. Randy contributed quite a bit to their design. He came in Christmas of '80 with a crude line drawing of a guitar, and said, "Can you make this?" I said, "Well, let's change this and that." I added the head design to it, and he and I worked together and made the white one. He contributed 50% or better of its design.

The instruments have long, fairly small bodies that are easy to get around. They have a neck-through-the-body solid maple construction, 22 frets, a 25 1/2" scale, and Seymour Duncan pickups: a Jazz model in the neck position and a Distortion. They have binding on the neck and around the head, and a special pearl inlay that Randy came up with. The white one had one of Charvel's standard tremolo units on it.

One of the main differences between the white one and the black one is that the black one has a pickguard and a lengthened, thinned-out rear wing. Randy complained that too many people thought the white one was a Flying V, and he wanted a more distinctively shark-finned design, more off-center. When we actually got the black one made as a wooden, unfinished guitar. Randy came in and said, "More." I literally took it to the bandsaw and cut a chunk out of it with him standing there. He said, "Yeah, yeah. That's it!" It was a pretty creative process.

I got the black one to him just before the tour, and then a few months later he was gone. I am going to market a version of the black one as the Randy Rhoads Model, although he wanted to call it the Randy Rhoads Concorde or just the Concorde. He really wanted to see that guitar happen.
                    The statement above was long after 1982, but the publications where printed a month after Randy died describing other details to what Grover Jackson and Randy's wishes where for these guitars.

The photos in the article where the last professionally taken photos for "Guitar Player" magazine before Grover Jackson and Randy's family decided what to do with them around April 1982 i believe., iam not 100 percent sure about it though myself., been a while since i looked up anything on Randy Rhoads and now with the internet it is very cool what you learn over the years from others.
                    But again, what happened after March 1982 and these articles is another story as i mentioned in my posts that we are all aware of and discussing if it is worth paying the prices that neither Grover or Randy had planned to charge people today. But i can imagine how it would trouble anyone like yourself who heard all this after paying $3000 for a better finish then a RR5 or simply for a RR1 to get the exact wood etc of a Randy Rhoads student replica.

Maybe this is what pisses you off, i did meet Randy Rhoads with my brother and we did speak about the guitars, i will not share that with you here

Also this guy many here may be more aware of then me is selling the White Jacksons for over $10,000!
                    http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...n&ct=clnk&cd=2
                    crazy!!!

example http://www.gilaguitars.com/guitargallery/shortwing.htm
                    1999 Jackson Shannon Shortwing
                    LTD Prototype PPT-003:

Look at this one !

He emailed me with prices of $15000 for 2 Student models as well,

This is what i have now,
                    and with some others

I hope its cool i posted all these fotos.

Peace
                    Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-25-2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

i did meet Randy Rhoads with my brother and we did speak about the guitars,
                      I had sex with Jenna Jameson, once.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernXer View Post
                        Dad?!?
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernXer View Post

me too, well almost.., i tried.

Hope there is no hard feelings there SouthernXer mr.cowboy, you have to admit your been a Randy Rhoads fan(atic maybe) is diverting the simple point i made about some guitars , you really worship him, wow , a real sinner wondering blind can you do this? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UQPrC9...97FA12&index=5
                          Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-25-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

me too, well almost.., i tried.

Hope there is no hard feelings there SouthernXer mr.cowboy, you have to admit your been a Randy Rhoads fan(atic maybe) is diverting the simple point i made about some guitars , you really worship him, wow , a real sinner wondering blind can you do this? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UQPrC9...97FA12&index=5
                            Does anything you throw up make sense??? I am still trying to understand your cowboy reference...

Comment

Honestly, no..

I don't notice the MOP/non-MOP inlays THAT much, unless if I get close up (which I shouldn't have to...I know the Jackson models).

The jackson logo, and MI USA...who cares? You're playing a guitar-you should care about playability and tone more than anything else.

The only thing that would bother me is the chrome hardware issue, but that wouldn't even decide which one I would get.

In your situation, get the rr5. If you happen to get more money somehow, get the rr1t, or an rr5 and another backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                                Well it is a fact, read the articles yourself, if it was my opinion i would of said so, the student models where supposed to be the exact thing as the custom but with out the cosmetics at affordable prices such as a RR3 today, NOT A RR1 running into $2000-$3000

People tend to use Randy's name for further there own invested interests these days, while a RR3 is ok, it could be better or at least to Randy's wishes. But the reality here is Randy died and could not support to popularize the guitar as fast as he was getting popular when he got it,
                                This whole thing depended on the artist's support, Randy Rhoads himself, like any signature guitar makes., In my Opinion, Ozzy could of helped here at some point in time with Rudy and Randy's family, but for many reasons on the Rhoads family's side, instead of focusing on Randy's guitars they decided to move on and give scholarships to young potential guitarists since Radny was planning to leave Ozzy's band and the heavy metal scene altogether.

Facts: the RR1 is way over priced,
                                Opinion; I think greed and selfish people took advantage of Randy's name.

Its a free country and i have the right to express my opinion whether some like it or not,
                                I believe respect goes both ways and those who do not have any for others only prove how ignorant they are to argue about that.

Peace
                                Last edited by Gabriel Raphael; 01-26-2008, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X