Jackson J-92C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson J-92C

I bought Jackson KV Pro Mustaine model which has J92C pickup (will get the guitar on next week). I'd like to know some information about this pickup? I've tried to search some information from the Internet but there aren't much information about J92C. I have "extra" Seymour Duncan JB at home waiting for KV Pro if J92C doesn't work.

I hear thats what they came with stock, but mine has a J80, and Im pretty sure its origonal. If you decide you dont want the J92, lemme know!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      I hear thats what they came with stock, but mine has a J80, and Im pretty sure its origonal. If you decide you dont want the J92, lemme know!
      Ok..I'll send you PM if I don't like it. According to Jackson Electronics catalogue J-90 series has more output than J-50 series...there are J-90, J-90C and J-95 but not J-92C.

http://www.audiozone.dk/CatalogScans...ElecPage06.htm

Comment

J92c is known as a holy grail of all Jackson pickups .

Comment

Yeah it is a holy grail to some. I never thought much of it in my Kelly XLR but I wouldn't sell it just so I could keep it stock. If RobRR passes let ME know hahaha.

Comment

hi. i got an early King V Pro in silver sparkle from this site. to my disappointment the bridge was a J80C, not the J92C listed in catalog. its an early model, has the name on the truss rod cover. so you bought a King V Pro? I too am wanting to buy this J92C pickup from you if you are going to sell it! first come first serve on here or who wants it the most?deadcool.gif

Comment

6 years late..............that's gotta be a record.

Comment

Originally posted by Hijack View Post
                hi. i got an early King V Pro in silver sparkle from this site. to my disappointment the bridge was a J80C, not the J92C listed in catalog.
                Send it back.

Comment

I've got a feeble plastic covered J90C but it sounds more like a J64 and a half. All the toneless, sour, non swelling dynamics of your worse ceramic pickup but without any of the crunch or power. Do the ones without the plastic cover sound better?
                  You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Sorry to necropost on this thread, but wanted some info on the J92C.

I have a Dinky XL loaded with this pickup in the bridge. I love its voicing, but it is a really weak pickup when tremolo picking. Chugging style riffs, soloing, and squeals are fantastic, but when tremolo picking riffs the volume seems to drop out. I was wondering what or if the J92C was voiced after an aftermarket pickup, and if so, which? This pickup has a definite Duncan-esque tone to it. It has more mids than a Distortion. Maybe a JB?

I ask because I need something that retains its punch for tremolo picked riffs as when doing slower picked riffs.

Comment

Working...
                    X