Used DXMG Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used DXMG Value?

I've been offered a black DXMG, made in early 2006 (i presume the body is alder?), the thing is mint (he really looks after his axes), for $500 Australian.

My Question to you guys is, what is a used DXMG in this condition worth approximately?

I think it seems about right, but would like some more opinions.

Not sure of value, but I think by 2006 the DXMG's were being made with basswood bodies.

Comment

The changeover to basswood happened some time in June or July I think. This was at the same point that the pro series recieved upgraded trems, and the MG series (except DXMG) got active EMG pups.

Comment

buy it! i've only got a week til payday and despite having only bought my 2006 ke3 last friday, i'm already getting G.A.S enticing me to get a dxmg (2004/2005) or dk2 (2006).
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If its still about $3aus to £1 then its cheap mate, get it bought. If you dont like it and will post it to the UK, Ill buy it off you!!!

James

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
            The changeover to basswood happened some time in June or July I think. This was at the same point that the pro series recieved upgraded trems, and the MG series (except DXMG) got active EMG pups.

Sunbane is correct. We were told the changeover was July 2006.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Sunbane is correct. We were told the changeover was July 2006.
              Sorry Snake, I knew it was in that year but didn't realize it was that late in the year. If it helps you any, I've got a '03 DXMG that is my main player. I absolutely love that guitar. All I've done to it was swap out the pickups for Seymour Duncans (sh-1neck tb-5bridge). The necks are superb on them. Some may swap out the trem for a real Floyd, I've never had any issues with the 580 though I'm not a big trem user anyway. They're a great "bang for the buck".

Comment

Totally agree, and yours is from the "best" era, as is my 2004.

(From 2002 to mid 2006 they were both MIJ and alder-bodied).

Comment

Dxmg Ftw!!

Comment

"Fuck The Wall"??
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

In England, yes.

Comment

^LOL.

Thanks for the replies guys, seller changed his mind in the end, something else will come along.

Comment

Working...
                        X