No announcement yet.

DK2 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOh my gibson pickup-ish. I have to admit DK2 to me are fender junk which is rude and I am sorry!

I'm not an elitist I have cheap and rare guitars and humdrum guitars, the dinky (even the great MIJ'S) took a nose dive for me mid-late 90's So through no fault of fender. Necks did change
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

There are no markings on the tremolo, but it does have a nice heavy block that they used on it. I will be putting this Jackson up on Reverb, I am sure there will be a collector who can use it in his collection. As far as the comment on the necks of MIJ, I would agree that some models have what seems to be a larger neck and I think it varies as to what model each neck profile they use, this particular one is thin and not very wide, its very easy to play on and really plays as good as any DK1 USA that I have owned. There is not one spot on this guitar that would be considered cost cutting IMO, save one, and I think that would be that they used rosewood instead of ebony on the fretboard, I think that would be the only cost cutting they did. Regarding the web link with pics, all but four pics are the same guitar in the Reverb link, that guitar was my guitar. I listed that guitar over 3 years ago and ended up selling it locally, I have not seen one for sale since then.
      Last edited by crizal69; 10-15-2021, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Its seems the rarity of these guitars are coming to full light, searching the internet, ebay, music go round, Guitar Center, and Reverb, I can only find five ASM guitars. I had two of them myself, one sold at guitar center, and two more sold on Reverb, Searching the images on the internet there seems to only be four different guitars, the other is a photo from the ended Guitar Center ad. Could it be that the V in the ASM V designation means that there were only Five guitars produced with the ASM DK2 SP designation. That would make sense seeing that there are so few that can be actually identified as such. If that is the case then these would have high collectability. Even Jackson stated that they were in fact limited editions. I think five would be considered limited.

Comment

Given the "V" on the truss rod cover is a "serif font" while the "ASM" portion is not written in "serif font", it may not be unreasonable to assume the V is a Roman numeral for 5, but it may also be a stretch, since not everybody documents their guitars online for the world and we are uncertain about the exact numbers produced. Given your overt interest in selling yours, may we ask if your optimism for these models is to hype your sale and fetch a higher sale price? It surely seems that way, and forgive me if I am wrong, but I've seen many instances off sellers "hyping up" odd/unknown/low-end guitars with the intention of fetching higher sale prices. Of course, being a free market, you are welcome to do what you want in commerce, but integrity and transparency are highly valued.

Whether this guitar is "collectible" or "desirable" is a different speculation. Without knowing what tremolo that is, I wouldn't place its value (even with "rarity" considered) above a standard Japanese DK2. How am I to know whether it will stay in tune better than a stock Takeuchi-made JT-580LP? Now, if the guitar left the factory with an Original Floyd Rose, with the appropriate-shaped recess cavity carved out, I might be inclined to pay a little more over a stock Japanese DK2.

Comment

It is of course a mystery, and yes I am interested in selling it, also there could be that someone out there truly knows what these guitar are and can offer some kind of information. As far as the tremolo goes, not even USA Fender fulcrum tremolos have any markings on them. This was made stock with a fulcrum tremolo not a locking trem. So it stays in tune just as good as any floating fulcrum tremolo does, it would depend how it was being used. Granted you may in fact would want a DK2 with a locking tremolo (Floyd Rose). This guitar is unique in of its own self, and of top notch Japan quality. Maybe its worthless and just good for firewood, who knows. Japan Jacksons are now two grand and you can bet they have cut corners from when these late 90s early 2000s were made and charging triple or more.
            Last edited by crizal69; 10-20-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Alas the great ASM V mystery may never be known, the guitar sold and it has been shipped out of my state to a Jackson Collector, its location never to be known. It will be displayed with other rare and limited edition Jacksons, I wish it well. I am glad to have known you. Goodbye. The end.

Comment

Working...
              X