No announcement yet.

DK2 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats a flame top so it wont have a scallop... only solid color guitars get the scalloped lower horn, all transparent tops are flat.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by drewxunit View Post
      The serial number is 9763960.
      That's a recent number.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

DK2s aren't the only Jacksons with a scalloped horn. I have two Fusions that both have it.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          DK2s aren't the only Jacksons with a scalloped horn. I have two Fusions that both have it.
          And not all DK2s have the scalloped horn either.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Take the neck off of the thing, and look at the stamps in the neckpocket/neck heel. There should be stamps there, indicating model and production year.

Comment

thank you everyone once again for your help. i've learned a lot about jackson guitars in the past day hah.
              Anyway...the neck is a DK2T....and the body is a DK2ASM ... it has to be a limited edition model or something of the sort...it was made in july 2006.

THANK YOU EVERYONE

Comment

Here is the ebay auction... apprently this guy has a few of them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-DK2-ASM-...QQcmdZViewItem
                -Rick

Comment

Now what the hell is ASM?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Asian Sodomy and Molestation?
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

the asm a discontinued bc rich model, identical to the gunslinger, only that the gunslinger featured a slanted humbucker at the bridge. it was discontinued years before the asm.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I have had 2 of these guitars in the past 4 years, these are fully Jackson Japan made guitars, in the neck pocket and at the butt end of the neck they are stamped DK2 SP, and the truss rod cover is engraved ASM V. Both of the ones I have had were made in August of 2002. Even though BC Rich has a guitar called the ASM also, the name of that guitar is actually called the Assassin. It has no relation to the Jackson ASM V. I am in contact with Jackson on this guitar maybe I will hear back. But at any rate there are not many of these out there. Curiously I remember watching a episode of Extreme Home Make Over and they were at a school and there were a few of these guitars in the music room, I am wondering if these were made for music education in schools. If so, they are incredibly rare, and were not even made for public consumers, Hopefully I will have more info from Jackson soon.

Comment

Besides the stamps, is there anything different or unique about your DK2s that differentiate them from stock DK2s of that period? In 2002 they would have had Duncan Designed pickups, chrome hardware, and the usual specs of alder body in solid/trans/graphic finishes, one piece maple neck with scarf joined headstock, rosewood fretboard with plastic sharkfin inlays, binding on the neck and headstock, HSS pickup layout, 5-way blade switch, one volume control, one tone control, and Jackson JT580LP tremolo made by Takeuchi.

Photos of the stamps and of the guitar itself would be nice to see. Upload your pics to any free third-party image hosting website (https://www.google.ca/search?q=free+...client=gws-wiz), and copy-paste the generated links back here.

Comment

I emailed Jackson on the ASM V guitar that I have with pics and serial number, They did get back saying that it is in fact made in Japan and it is a limited edition guitar made in 2002, but there is no spec sheet for this guitar and that guitars made in Japan sometimes did not have any real information on them, and that was pretty much it. So they are real Japan made Jacksons and they are DK2 Special Editions that they call ASM V, they have nothing to do with BC Rich in any way they are their own entity and model and fully Jackson. I think that is about as much as can be found out from the horses mouth. So there you have it from Jackson. The rest is Jackson history, Its a rare guitar with not a lot of information on it. My though on it would be that a particular store ordered this up, or a school, maybe a promotional guitar, who knows I do know that there are not a lot of them around, and interestingly I have had two of these, I live in central Florida and both guitar had the same neck date on them 9/11/2002, they are not the exact guitar because the neck dates are stamped in just a little different areas of the neck pocket. So two of the same guitars made on the same day found in Central Florida. The plot thickens.
                            Last edited by crizal69; 10-15-2021, 07:48 AM.

Comment

The Jackson ASM V guitars were all solid black, they have 2 Duncan Designed HB 103N and HB 103B chrome covered humbuckers. They have a 2 point fulcrum tremolo like a USA Stratocaster, 5 way Blade switch, they also have the ivoried binding that all of the USA and Japan used for the binding around the neck and head, how you know is that it has lines running thru the binding it does not look just like a solid plastic white. It also sports a bone colored nut, its does not have a locking nut. The guitar also sports Chrome Hardware. Rosewood Fretboard, Plastic pearl shark tooth inlays, and a small bevel cut out on the bottom horn.

Comment

Jesus, you weren't kidding, that's definitely a unique guitar. Here's the Google search result for it: https://www.google.ca/search?q=jacks...h=927&biw=1920

This Reverb ad has some excellent, clear, close-up photos of various details including the neck stamps: https://reverb.com/item/9251836-jack...ion-2002-black

I was around in 2002 and this model escaped my detection. I've been saying on JCF lately how even today we're still uncovering mystery production models that were undocumented in catalogs or on official websites. The Ibanez players call these special undocumented guitars "spot models" and often differed from something as minor as an undocumented paint color to some pretty fascinating spec/hardware changes as seen in your DK2 ASM-V. We don't have an equivalent term here in the Jackson/Charvel world but essentially this is a Jackson "spot model".

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It's not a guitar I am likely to forget anytime soon.

Are you able to see any engravings or markings on the bridge (perhaps on the trem block or under the baseplate) of the manufacturer of the 2-point trem? I'm not sure I recognize it but I am curious to know who made it. Given the guitar's Japanese origins, my first guess would be either Gotoh or Takeuchi, who have made bridges for import Charvels and Jacksons during that era and prior, but that is not a Gotoh or Takeuchi bridge I recognize.
                                Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 10-14-2021, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X