DK2 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewxunit View Post
    the ebay seller claims "this was a limited run model. The only difference being a non locking trem and Chrome hardware. It was produced as a student model for use in music schools". Is there any validity to this??????
    Is there any way to find this out? THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE HELP BTW!

Comment

Welcome to the board. These guys will know. Whether you like it or not.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I can add that it's not a DK2 neck...no binding and standard nut. The body looks like a JS1 to me.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

There is binding on the neck, you can't see it in the pictures.

Comment

Sorry, I mean't headstock binding...I can see the fretboard binding. All DK2 necks had headstock binding and a FR nut. Now that I look closer, I can see maybe headstock binding....but what about the nut? OK, just for fun, here's my guess.....JS1 body, chrome pup covers, and a DK2 neck converted to standard nut (which may explain that funky truss rod cover).
            Am I close?
            Last edited by mm2002; 10-29-2006, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I hate to make this more confusing but it does infact have binding on the headstock as well. I'm pretty sure it's a DK2 neck, and a DK2 body. I just cannot understand the ASM.

EDIT: This is def not a JS1 body. Looking through pictures and comparing, they are different, look at the right cutaway and the angle. I wish i could figure out a way to contact Jackson to ask them.

SORRY about being such a noob about Jackson...I've always been a fender player.
              Last edited by drewxunit; 10-29-2006, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Now is when you need to reveal how much you paid for it so we can tell you if you got fucked or not. Or just keep it to yourself if you think you paid too much...that's cool too! Maybe some JS1's had the lower horn scallop? Hell, who knows.
                Jackson isn't very hard to contact if you do a little research and have a phone.
                Or maybe you should just stick with Fenders....sounds like Jacksons may be a little too complicated for you.
                Last edited by mm2002; 10-29-2006, 08:49 PM.

Comment

that's lame of you to put me down, it doesn't matter how much i paid. THANK YOU everyone for your help!
                  Last edited by drewxunit; 10-29-2006, 09:22 PM.

Comment

it could be a DK2T neck. The body looks legit, but I don't know what to think of that trem. Has Jackson ever used a two post trad trem on any of their guitars? They've produced lower end guitars with vintage trems before, but I didn't think they were two-posters.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Im at a loss man... thats DEFINETLY a Jackson neck and a Jackson body without question. Just dont know what the hell its from! Id say the truss cover isnt origonal though. The neck is origonally without a locking nut, you can tell that it was made for a non-trem/vintage trem. The body has a two post trem similar to a JS20, but a JS20 is HSS and no scallop, and slightly different control layout.

Only thing I can think of was it was a limited run ordered by a company similar to what MusiciansFriend recentlty did with the DK2M 1 hum RGF, and I know Guitar Center had a limited run of DXMG/DKMG looking hybrid... so its not out of the question.

Id say if you paid around $300 give or take a bit you got a good deal regardless. Whats the neckplate say? Whats the serial number? Heres what you can do... take the neck off, and look at the writing that will be on the neck heel and the neck pocket... that should identify the guitar and when it was made.
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

In 96 and 97 Jackson made guitars models not exactly like this but close. The JRS and the AT. Is this an archtop , I can't tell from the picture. if it is except for the different switch it looks like the AT. The JRS's had this trem too. Serial # might help for the year.

Comment

The serial number is 9763960. The neckplate says Jackson with the serial. I'll try taking the neck off tomorrow. Thanks!

P.S. I payed significantly lower than $300

Comment

dude, I think I've got it.

DK2T neck, as I said earlier.

And a body off a Charvel Standard. Check out this for reference:
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5394&rd=1&rd=1
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              Has Jackson ever used a two post trad trem on any of their guitars? They've produced lower end guitars with vintage trems before, but I didn't think they were two-posters.
                              Yes, they have used two-point trems on several guitars: The JS1, JX10 and JS20 come to mind.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                                dude, I think I've got it.

DK2T neck, as I said earlier.

And a body off a Charvel Standard. Check out this for reference:
                                http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5394&rd=1&rd=1
                                The only thing about the body is the angle in the cutaway. That is flat. Mine is angled... like a DK2 haha

Comment

Working...
                                X