No announcement yet.

My poor fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey HolyCross, I sent you a PM a few days ago, but I just saw where they are having probs, with the system, I'll sell you that body no prob. send me an email to [email protected]
    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
      Not 100% true.

I bought a PS6T Kelly that someone had bolted up a Fusion Pro neck to, and it intonated perfectly. I asked many questions on the forum as to how and why this could work, and the best answer was a 24 fret Jackson neck will swap with another 24 fret Jackson neck regardless of scale length. It will need to be intonated, but the saddles should have enough throw in them.

I took that Fusion neck off of the PS6T body because the body had a wing tip snapped off in shipping, and found a Charvel Fusion Deluxe body to bolt it up to.
      I received a Charvel 475DLX which had a Jackson neck on it. I had tried to get it to intonate and for some reason lost any memory of problem-solving procedures, but finally I got around to measuring the neck and it is in fact a fusion neck. As embarassed as I am to admit it, I couldn't identify the guitar for quite a while. So, in my case it didn't work.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky
        I received a Charvel 475DLX which had a Jackson neck on it. I had tried to get it to intonate and for some reason lost any memory of problem-solving procedures, but finally I got around to measuring the neck and it is in fact a fusion neck. As embarassed as I am to admit it, I couldn't identify the guitar for quite a while. So, in my case it didn't work.
        I'm not an expert on 475's, but aren't they a 22 fret neck body? If the Fusion neck was 24 frets, I guess this would be why it didn't work. I said 24 frets can swap with 24's; 24's will not swap with 22's.

Comment

You are correct DonP 475 is a 22 fret body.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I sold my Fusion body and a bunch of misc parts about 6 mo. ago to someone here. Leec? rings a bell. Maybe he'd part with it.

Correction:
            Lhrocker was the guy who bought my Fusion body in need of routing and paint.
            Good luck in your search.
            Last edited by catzodellamarina; 07-05-2006, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I've seen pics of someone repairing bridge post cracks, but it involved routing the damaged area out and putting a new block of wood in - it would be best left to a professional. Plus, the body would need a refin efterwards (or at least some extensive touch-ups).

Comment

I bought an HH fusion from Fusion farmer.
                I still have not decided if I will strip and tung oil the mhogany body, or leave it in its scared trans red for character.
                Thanx alot guys
                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
                A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

My trans red has a bunch of battle scars and I think it looks good.Its beat to hell but its a rock solid player.If I do a refin it will be nitro lacquer same color.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

If dings and scars give a guitar character that one I sold you has character plus!! HolyCross1 only lives 50 miles away, so we met halfway, always nice to meet fellow JCFers, good luck with the guitar, Brian
                    I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Working...
                    X