My poor fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor fusion

I have an original fusion pro that has developed a fatal issue with the body.
    the area around the floyd studs has cracked and strangley enough cracked across to the other side of the body.
    I've used this guitar for years and as strange as the breakdown of the wood is, I will need to replace the body.
    I am wanting to know what bodies my neck is compatible with.
    I had read a post some time ago about the bodies on the dinky and the fusion were interchangable.
    If true, who has done this?
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Dude!

I'm sp sorry to hear that. I had a Fusion for 6 years and i loved it. One day, the lady who did the cleaning at my house at the time dropped it to the floor and the headstock lost a chunk of wood. I had to sell the guitar and i regret it every day.

Can you post a pic of your problem?
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

That is false. The neck scale of the Fusion is 24.75 (Gibson scale) whereas the necks of Dinkies are 25.5. (Fender scale) These neck scales relate to the body in regards to how much distance there is between the neck pocket and the tremolo. Therefore, the Dinky body and Fusion body are not interchangable.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

I am still pretty low tech with the wb but I will try to post a pic tomarrow

Comment

Maybe Slash can help this guy out.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i once dropped a guitar and sure enough, the crack started from underneath the bridge and went right through to the neck pocket. in the end i just replaced the whole damn thing, thankfully for free. but then, it was a bc rich, so i wasn't optimistic about it's survival rate anyway
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
              Maybe Slash can help this guy out.
              That's what I was thinking too.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
                That's what I was thinking too.
                I'm sure he would and going by the body he just made me it will be an awesome one as well.
                www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro
                  I'm sure he would and going by the body he just made me it will be an awesome one as well.
                  Looking at some of the stuff that he has done, I would definately put him at the top of the list cost and quality wise.

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky
                    That is false. The neck scale of the Fusion is 24.75 (Gibson scale) whereas the necks of Dinkies are 25.5. (Fender scale) These neck scales relate to the body in regards to how much distance there is between the neck pocket and the tremolo. Therefore, the Dinky body and Fusion body are not interchangable.
                    Not 100% true.

I bought a PS6T Kelly that someone had bolted up a Fusion Pro neck to, and it intonated perfectly. I asked many questions on the forum as to how and why this could work, and the best answer was a 24 fret Jackson neck will swap with another 24 fret Jackson neck regardless of scale length. It will need to be intonated, but the saddles should have enough throw in them.

I took that Fusion neck off of the PS6T body because the body had a wing tip snapped off in shipping, and found a Charvel Fusion Deluxe body to bolt it up to.

Comment

thanx for the replies.
                      By the way who is slash? How do I get in touch with him and what have you payed, and for what kind of materials did you get?
                      I don't ask for much, just all that I can get and then some. LOL

Comment

Slash is our resident guitar body builder. Mojo Bodies.
                        See the dealer ads section.
                        He makes some killer stuff.
                        -Rick

Comment

the jackson and charvel fusions will interchange just start hitting ebay, I've put a couple together from mixed parts, sorry I dont have a ssh body laying around, do have a spare HH in trans red mahogany
                          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

do you plan on using that body? I might be real interested in getting that body. I use HH set ups mostly anywa.y

Comment

The mahogony bodied H-Hs are great I love mine and will play it till it breaks and then glue it back togerther and play it some more.
                              holycross1 send me your cracked body if you don't want it.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X