info on Jackson Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on Jackson Stars

Those are cool! How much are they? I'm not sure what 83,000 yen comes out to... If it's a reasonable price, I'd snag one just for the rareness here in the U.S. Other than that it's probably the equivalent of an SL4 (except 24fret) or an RR5. The Kelly would be cool if its a neck thru as well cause they haven't been making Neck thru Kelly's in Japan for a long time. I think... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: info on Jackson Stars

It will be hard IMO to get one. Star are reserved for Japanese Market...

anyway, its nice to see a 24 Rhoads.

www.jacksonstars.com

Comment

83,000 Yen would be about $800 USD.
      Here's a JacksonStars NASL I got from Japan:

USA Duncans (Custom bridge and JB neck), Schaller Floyd, gold hardware, model-exclusive inlays (i.e. only available on the NASL), archtop body with flame maple cap, mahogany body AND neck, rosewood board (newer models have ebony). Got it through a contact in Japan for $950 shipped with an after-market hardshell case [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It's basically an SLS, but with 24 frets and inlays. It's just as good as the early 90's Professional stuff (or the current/recent USA stuff).

The JacksonStars Kelly has always been neckthrough with 24 frets. You can get a low-end model Grover Jackson that has a bolt-on neck, though. Also they've had 24 fret neckthrough and bolt-on RRs for about 3 or 4 years at least.

Ishibashi ships to the US.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

info on Jackson Stars

hey its my first post here so if i posted this in the wrong forum or somethin or doin somethin wrong im sorry
        ------------------------------------------------
        anywho
        i was on a japan guitar website thing and stumbled apon this

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/englis...=JAEN&wb_dis=2

its called jackson 'stars' and those guitars look real good, i was in the market for a ke-3 but i found that and wow i like it alot. Is probably ganna end up costin like 200 bucks more than the ke-3 cause of importing it, but it looks worth it. (if i can find a way to order it)
        Do you think its a good guitar (the kelly one) .they havent uploaded the kelly info yet but i looked at the other guitars and they look real good they have a neck thru body, sd pickup, and i like the fact the neck is finished.

any of your guys opinions would be greatly appreciated

thanks,
        -sam

Comment

I love the translation [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

材 with a good craftsman, a part and clear technology, and know-how of Japan -- origin -- 創りあ wooden clogs Jackson Stars. The "through neck structure" where a neck pierces through a body offers wonderful RONGUSASU teens and a wonderful dynamic range, and the highest play ability.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love a guitar with wonderful rongusasu teens [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Simply put... They are great guitars. Here's mine [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

-Mike

Comment

the rr24 neckthru is wonderful.
              how is it compared to a jackson rr5 except the bridge and the extra two frets? both are japan neckthrus.... please tell us more about the quality...sound...etc etc etc!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by xjimmyleungx:
                the rr24 neckthru is wonderful.
                how is it compared to a jackson rr5 except the bridge and the extra two frets? both are japan neckthrus.... please tell us more about the quality...sound...etc etc etc!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've never played a RR5, so I can't really compare the feeling between the two. Also, I'm a lazy-ass sit down player, so this guitar has not seen too much action. I did put her through the paces when I got her and it felt great. She feels like a solid, well built instrument and has a good metal sound. The Schaller stays in tune well. Compared to my WR1, she really is on par with USA made Jacksons.

J.S. RR-138
                Body: Poplar
                Scale: 648mm,24F
                Neck: Maple Thru Neck W/Binding
                Fingerboard: Rosewood W/Sharkfin Inlay & Binding
                Bridge: Schaller
                Pickups: S.Duncan SH-4(F) & TB-5(R)
                Control: 2V, 1T, 3Way Toggle Switch
                Hardware: Black
                Finish: MBK(Metallic Black)

Comment

I just figured out what RONGUSASU TEENS is supposed to mean. (I'm an intermediate Japanese speaker, sort of so it just clicked to me)

Long sustain!

Comment

That's what I figured as well [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If you go to the JacksonStars.com website, you see a link called "katagoru risut" - I figure it's either "catalog list" or "category list" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                    X