Cases for DK2 and DKMGT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cases for DK2 and DKMGT?

Which Jackson hardshell cases best fit the DKMGT and the DK2? I've heard that the DKMGT needs a special case. Is that true?
    ________
    Jeremy

Re: Cases for DK2 and DKMGT?

no. any standard case will fit. i use gator cases. standard size in the uk retails for £50.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My DKMG will NOT fit in the same Jackson/Charvel case that my DR3 fits into. Luckily I have a generic SKB case that it will fit into... I dont know if they offer a case that fits it, but Im sure they do. Just dont buy one without trying it first.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. How about the JCC922 case? Is that one made for the DKMGT?
        ________
        Jeremy

Comment

Dont know man, if you find out post it up as I sure would like a Jackson case for mine!
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Check those guitar models on Musicians Friend and they will give the proper Jackson case model.
            Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Ah. I just bought a DKMG at MF and it came with a case----------it didn't fit right. I had to do some "Persuasion" to make it fit. The thing is I also bought an additional case at the same time for my DKMGT and it's the same deal.

It will fit if you enlarge the body cavity, it's easy enough. It's just soft foam underneath.

Kind of a drag tho, new guitar youda thunk it would fit better [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

hmm maybe uk retailers do decent case sizes only. i've never had a problem with gator cases. perhaps they only do large cases..
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I just called the customer service line to find out. They gave me a part number that doesn't match anything on the price list! Part number 006069000. It's missing a digit in there. Back to square one.
                  edit:
                  I called back and got the right number this time. 006-0699-000 is the correct Jackson part number. It's also called JCC921.
                  ________
                  Jeremy

Comment

as another member has suggested. bring your guitar into a shop and make sure it fits. if you can't risk taking the guitar out, buy a gator case and keep the reciept. they can always swap it for a bigger one.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

That jcc921 is what I ordered and doesn't fit right. You can make it fit - if you don't mind that kind of thing.

Although at $80 you may do better with a Gator. I think i priced one for around $54.

here's one for $64 http://www.geartree.com/Shop/Control...V/29865/tcat/0

One for $54 http://www.music123.com/Gator-GC-Ele...-i137273.music

And $65 http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-GAT-GCELEC.html

Bob [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool, Thanks Bob!
                        ________
                        Jeremy

Comment

Working...
                        X