Information about RR5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Information about RR5

when I played an RR5 in a music store I really didn't think there was anything wrong with the sounds. the playability was superb and the harmonics just screaming out of the amp. it was never that easy to get'em out of my performer rhoads.
    could have been the engl head I was playing there, but it felt just great.

@juuso; I'm not sure wether you're a string thru or floyd-fan, but if you don't mind a guitar having a floyd you probably should have a look for a rhoads pro. those are neck thru, too and came with binding and shark fins the first years. but they are floyded. your turn.

oh, and welcome everybody! lots of new people here... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

my RR5 with stock duncans souds killer

Comment

Well the only problem is money. Is Rhoads Pro expensive? By the way I´ve never seen that guitar, could somebody post picture here?

Comment

The Rhoads Pro is virtually identical to the current RR-1 in terms of features, the only difference being the trem (Jackson stamped Schaller) and the pickups. I think the Pro had a gainbooster in it too (unless I'm mistaken?). They aren't made any longer, so you'll have to look for them at eBay. I think they go for around $700-$1100 or so.

Comment

not sure about the gainboost, but they changed the line during the years. the earlier one look (like sunbane said) identical to an RR1, the later ones have MOP dot inlays instead of the sharks and an unbound fretboard, but since I guess you're looking for a budget player, those can be had for around 500.

I bought one off the bay for a friend of mine and I really enjoy that guitar. the rosewood is dark as hell, the dots are really shiny and it plays like butter.

I just thought since you're looking for an affordable neck thru rhoads, the rhoads pro could have been an option for you.

I think an RR5 is easier to be found, but if you like floyds it's maybe worth a while to wait for a rhoads pro on ebay.

this is my buddys rhoads pro. it's past 94, so it's the lighter version, but still looking nice, and plays effortless.

the pics aren't great, and the fretboard looks way brighter than it actually is. the bridge hum isn't stock also, but I hope you can see enough anyway... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

That looks like the Rhoads Std, not the Rhoads Pro. The Std was an overall plainer model, and had the JT580LP trem. I think they retired the Pro earlier than the Std, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
              X