Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Stars?

[ QUOTE ]
    Looks like I'm going to have to stop by the Shibuya Ikebe as well... There's a flame maple top trans red SL-J1 there (below the SL-J2's on the same page that I posted before) for $1700.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you try out the Jackson RR-J2SP for me? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Blind Vomit-

Sorry, I left the house before I read your reply in this thread...

Apparently, the red SL-J1 was sold about a half hour before I went to the shop as well...

So I ordered a custom SL-J1 with a natural finish [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

About Ikebe, Mr. Saito, who's in charge of Jackson Stars at the Shibuya shop, was very helpful. After I got home, I called the shop to change the 3-way toggle to a 5-way switch ($80 upcharge according to the Jackson Stars website), and I told him that I would swing by the store to pay the difference at some point in the future. He replied,

"Don't worry about it, it's on the house."

Now that's my kind of shop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Blind Vomit-

Sorry, I left the house before I read your reply in this thread...

Apparently, the red SL-J1 was sold about a half hour before I went to the shop as well...

So I ordered a custom SL-J1 with a natural finish [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

About Ikebe, Mr. Saito, who's in charge of Jackson Stars at the Shibuya shop, was very helpful. After I got home, I called the shop to change the 3-way toggle to a 5-way switch ($80 upcharge according to the Jackson Stars website), and I told him that I would swing by the store to pay the difference at some point in the future. He replied,

"Don't worry about it, it's on the house."

Now that's my kind of shop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's really awesome, very nice people. If you ever do stop by the store again test out that RR-J2SP for me, I'm dying to get my hands on it, and maybe even take some pics of it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Blind Vomit-

Shibuya's sort of a hike from where I live, but the next time I go into Tokyo, I will check it out.

However, my evaluation may not be too helpful, as our preferences in neck profiles/sounds may be different. For example, I much prefer the neck pickup sound for leads than the bridge, which is the main reason why I would not consider purchasing a single bridge PU guitar like the RR.

-QR
          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Blind Vomit-

Shibuya's sort of a hike from where I live, but the next time I go into Tokyo, I will check it out.

However, my evaluation may not be too helpful, as our preferences in neck profiles/sounds may be different. For example, I much prefer the neck pickup sound for leads than the bridge, which is the main reason why I would not consider purchasing a single bridge PU guitar like the RR.

-QR

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I was asking more of a hardware/quality evaluation. I wanted to know how well the guitar is built, the finish quality, the inlays, binding the works... I have a DXMG it's alder with EMG 81-85s in it and it sounds great, so I'm not too worried about how it will sound as I already have a good idea,the RRJ2SP is alder as well. I might change that HZ later but I'm not too worried about it since they're not bad for stock p/u.

Comment

Blind Vomit-

Roger that.
              Wilco when I get the chance.

-QR

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Blind Vomit-

Roger that.
                Wilco when I get the chance.

-QR

[/ QUOTE ]

Appreciate it, have fun. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X