X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars?

I'm thinking of purchasing a Jackson Stars RR off of here:

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_...te=1&brand=261

I love these RRs because they have 24 frets, floyds and neck through construction, they may look good on paper but I was wondering if any of you have more information on the construction, playability, reliability and hardware on these guitars? Also how does one go on about ordering one of these guitars and what kind of interaction should one expect from this shop? Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson Stars?

That PC model is gorgeous! I hear the Jackson Stars models are pretty good. Good luck!

Comment

There's a few threads about 5 or 6 pages back on the JacksonStars models. Here's one of them:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...&page=6#516932

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If I had the money, that KV7 would totally be mine. I own a Jackson Stars Soloist 7 that is my current main guitar. It is every bit as good in sound, quality, and playability as my USA's.

Oh, and I should note that Newc has a pretty nice Stars himself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. I'm planning on getting the RR-J2SP, that thing is my dream guitar and it's only a little over $1k

Comment

I had a Stars Rhoads, neck thru, 24 fret, 2 hum, Schaller Floyd that was absolutly amazing. I had to sell it for various reasons, but it was a very well made guitar that I would buy again. The rosewood was beautiful and the fretwork and binding was perfect, which I wish I could say about my old Gibson. Good luck and post pics when you get her [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Search function, newbie! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Jackson Stars are great values...
                I have a NASL "custom" and it is one of my main players

and for the record:
                the search function NEVER works for me....
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Agreed - if you type "JacksonStars" instead of "Jackson Stars", you don't get all the threads, and you have to wait 4 days before you can do another search because of some kind of flood paranoia.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    If I had the money, that KV7 would totally be mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. That thing is fucking sweet. Do these guys ship to North America or do you have to know someone in Japan who would ship it to you?
                    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Ishibashi and Ikebi-gakki will ship to the US...
                      and these guitars are definately worth the hassel of getting one from Japan.. (my experience with Ishibashi was anything but a hassle)
                      it was as easy as ordering from any US dealer for a Jackson, with the exception of Scott from Vwall...
                      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        If I had the money, that KV7 would totally be mine. I own a Jackson Stars Soloist 7 that is my current main guitar. It is every bit as good in sound, quality, and playability as my USA's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too... (Mine is more about the wife that thinks we need to pay the bills than the actual money...) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        I actually emailed them about that, just didn't have the stones to pull the trigger... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
                        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Ishibashi was very helpful in getting my KV

Comment

Anybody know a good site/program to translate.I've been trying to navigate through the sites with litle luck.

Comment

http://www.babelfish.altavista.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X