any DK2S owners ever tried this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any DK2S owners ever tried this?

has anyone ever tried installing 2 9vdc batteries in series in a DK2S for the sustainer? if it didnt fry the board i think it would be either really cool or really crap.i think older sustainers ran on 18vdc.ive ran batteries in series for emg equiped guitars and liked the results but in know thats a different story.
    anyone? thanks for reading my post...peace

Re: any DK2S owners ever tried this?

Haven't tried that, but I'm happy with the effect as is. If I wanted to double the effect, I also have a Boss DF-2 Distortion Feedbacker that sort of does the same thing. I could hook it up and run both, but I think mucho feedback would be the result. That's what I get using it with my amp's drive channel anyway, unless I back down on the gain a lot.

Actually I like the sustainer effect with the clean channel quite a bit! It's quite different and strange!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Re: any DK2S owners ever tried this?

I agree with Lerx, I am happy with the Sustainiac just as it is...Before I actually got the DK2S from Guitar Xpress, I thought that I would be using it for high gain stuff...As it turns out, I use it for exactly the OPPOSITE, I like using it on a totally clean channel with the Sustainiac set on low sustained tones, and it gives me that really sweet sounding violin-type sound, and all without picking a single note; I use the right hand instead to dampen and mute all other strings except the ones I am playing on, and it sounds really cool...Now, I hardly EVER use it on a distortion channel..

Comment

Working...
      X