Replacement Chrome Pickup Rings for my KE3 Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Chrome Pickup Rings for my KE3 Kelly

Okay, so I really don't like black hardware that much (I know, I know, I'm a horrible person), and I'd like to swap out the black pickup rings on my KE3 Kelly for chrome versions. I'm at a loss for what sizes to get, though. Most seem to be offered as a set with one at 3/8" and one at 3/16". Based on my (fairly amateurish) measurements, the bridge ring is close to 3/16" (5mm for me), whereas the neck ring is around 3/32" (2.5mm). I see various sites selling "flat" pickup rings... is this what I want?

Re: Replacement Chrome Pickup Rings for my KE3 Kelly

I've used Mighty Mite and AllParts chrome pickup rings with Duncan pickups, and they worked fine...
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm mostly just asking because the depth of the rings on my Kelly seems kinda non-standard. Im mostly curious about the thickness of the so-called "flat" pickup rings.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryKer:
        Yeah, I'm mostly just asking because the depth of the rings on my Kelly seems kinda non-standard. Im mostly curious about the thickness of the so-called "flat" pickup rings.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They should be 3/16. Stew Mac offers them for $12.73 apiece, but by the time you pay shipping it's about $30.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryKer:
          Okay, so I really don't like black hardware that much (I know, I know, I'm a horrible person), and I'd like to swap out the black pickup rings on my KE3 Kelly for chrome versions. I'm at a loss for what sizes to get, though. Most seem to be offered as a set with one at 3/8" and one at 3/16". Based on my (fairly amateurish) measurements, the bridge ring is close to 3/16" (5mm for me), whereas the neck ring is around 3/32" (2.5mm). I see various sites selling "flat" pickup rings... is this what I want?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">wd products chrome rings fit perfectly man , I got some on my ke3r and the holes lined up a perfect match , I also put some on my wrxt I had and they lined up as well and I got blk metal ones on my dxmg they also line up perfect . //Steve

Comment

Just to be sure, Steve - did you get the low ring for the neck pickup and the medium ring for the bridge? Or something else?

Comment

Working...
            X