7 string jackson UK price??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 string jackson UK price??

i've just got a 7 string jackson, dinky i guess, but i don't know much about it, other than it's made in india- is this an X series? where were the x series made? my RRX is made in Japan i think, but what series is this thing? it's got a reverse headstock and sharkfin inlays...
    how much is it worth in the UK?
    cheers

Re: 7 string jackson UK price??

i found it for £349.00 here in England, which works out at $634.00 for all my American chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by achren_git:
      i've just got a 7 string jackson, dinky i guess, but i don't know much about it, other than it's made in india- is this an X series? where were the x series made? my RRX is made in Japan i think, but what series is this thing? it's got a reverse headstock and sharkfin inlays...
      how much is it worth in the UK?
      cheers
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think the "X guitars" for the european market were ever part of the X series. The RR-X, KE-X, etc were all made in japan as far as I know, while many of the X series guitars were made in India.

As for the 7-string, I don't know which (if any) series it belongs to, but I suppose it looks something like this:

That's a DR7, and they have a rather crappy rep for poor quality - not very surprising for an indian built guitar.

'bane

Comment

x series and x guitars are two different things? that's confusing. yeah, i think that's the guitar there, looks the same. it's a cheap guitar, yeah, but this one actually plays pretty well. i'm gonna keep it for a while as a back up til i get my new kelly, then i'll probably sell it, just wondered how much i could expect for it.

Comment

btw i bought it for £100 so i'm thinking that i didn't get skinned

Comment

heheheh, just saw the US list price for a DR7 is about $700/$800, that's definitely not this guitar! heheh, it must be the dx7 then, unless there's a 7-string cheaper... can't seem to see much difference in specs between the dr7 and the dx7 tho- why the price difference, just because of where they're made?

Comment

The DX7 was built in India and has got plain chrome hardware. It went for about £400 notes when it first came out and came down to about £340 like the man above says. The DR7 was made in Japan looks almost identical to the DX7 but had the "brushed" chrome hardware and was rather more expensive. They were both discontinued after 2002 I think, possibly early 2003?

If you got a DX7 for £100 then you are doing well, they usually push the £250 mark on ebay (in the UK anyway). If you got a DR7 for £100 then you are laughing mate.

So when do we get to see you play this thing in the 13th Note then?

Comment

Thanks for the clarification elrrek. *bows*

About the X-series: It's a current line of guitars that are available to both the US and the Euro markets. Not so with the older X-stuff (like the RR-X). That was built for the european market exclusively. I don't think they are linked.

'bane

Comment

a, it all makes sense now. yes, i'm sure it's the dx7 now, if i get round to it i might post a pic. don't know that i'll be playing it live, i might have to sell it since i'm getting a usa kelly i can't really afford. i mainly got the 7string cos i knew i could make some money on it. heheh, then again, it's so hard to sell anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                    Thanks for the clarification elrrek. *bows*
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL - I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

I was thinking about a 7 string for a while you see and I thought one of these would suit me so that's why I looked into the DX and DR7s. Eventually I decided not to bother and a JJ2 fell into my lap. I got it set up with 13s tuned down to B and now I have absolutely no need for a 7 string - yaaasssss! \m/

Comment

Thanks elrrek, besides the serial number, I didn't know the difference betwen a DR7 and DX7. I got some help about the s/n from someone here earlier, but I didn't know the brushed chrome vs standard chrome difference. I had the neck off of my DR7 and sure enough it was labeled in the neck pocket with the date.

Comment

Working...
                      X