DX10D Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX10D Body

I just bought a body and was told id was a DX10D Body. After getting it home I began to wonder if it was or not. The controll cavity does not look like any of my Charvels or Jacksons. The Cavity The neck also did not fit the pocket. I found tape in the pocket so what ever this is could be a possible repaint. Not a bad job though. You guys think this is a Jackson body? Or do you have any ideas what it could be? A pic of the body. The wood looks to be mahogany.

Thanks
    Just one more guitar!

Re: DX10D Body

Except for the colour, that looks identical to the DX10D I had.

Made in India. A cheaply made guitar in my opinion.

I think the wood is a species of cheap MAH found in parts of Asia.

Looks identical to mine. Even the electronics look right.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty:
      The neck also did not fit the pocket.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*What* neck? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This neck a brand new DK2. I took out all the tape and sanded out all the over spray, and there was a lot of it. The neck bolt holes are not straight either. I am going to redrill them tomorrow. They are too small and at a bit of an angel. Here is another
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

I really don’t think this is a Jackson body. The tremolo post is the coarse thread which I know come w/ the JT500, but there is a metal brace between the two posts. I know this sounds insane but with the body weighs about 6lbs with the hardware that is in the pic. (no trem or pickups) I didn’t believe it either I checked three times. It is really heavy as hell that is the only reason I weighted it.
          Just one more guitar!

Comment

Well, The trem post "bridge" you describe certainly sounds like the one found on Music Yo Kramers, however the body style doesn't match any of those.

Everything screams Made in India DX10D to me from the pup routes, neck pocket wood, control layout and EVEN the cavity.

So... it's either a DX10D body, or a sneaky copy. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

BTW, the tolerances on those MII guitars are a real crapshoot, I too tried to fit a DK2 neck.. it did fit, but it was a tight, tight fit.. I actually caused a stress crack in the edge of the neck pocket.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Comment

I have a DX10D with that exact cavity route and did you notice the cover isnt recessed. Mine came the same way. I thought it was kinda odd myself at first and then did some checking and found out this is kinda the norm for this body.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Just one more guitar!

Comment

A DK2 neck should fit on this body, right?
                  Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
                  X