Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Got a DXMG...But....

Maybe India, not Korea...

I can't imagine a tech saying the frets looked too big, but there is definitely a difference in feel if you're used to smaller frets. Actually, I had the opposite problem. After playing Jacksons with extra-jumbo frets, I bought a KV-2 with medium-jumbo frets...and hated it. The difference in fret size bothered me a lot, as did the "speed" neck profile.

My brother has an old Guild M-80 that is 24 frets with an ash body and ebony fretboard (a combination I would normally love) but the smaller frets make it unplayable for me.
    sigpic

Comment

dude i've been around since 03, hardly a newb.

probably indian then, all i know is it was shit quality and when I asked the guy at the store he said it was not japanese built as it woulda been better built. end of the day i didnt care if it was korean/indian/japanese or whatever, the quality was SHITE and was not worth the shit on my shoe

Comment

and if thats true about it being made in japan, then well that sucks and i wont be buying no jackson mij...i was under the impression that DXMG's were of good quality. Can anyone confirm that at one point DXMG's were made in India? They aint all made in japan?

Comment

MY DXMG was made in DEC of 2001.
          It IS a MIJ, There were no issues with it, in fact I liked it better than my USA DK-1

Prior to 2001 (or at least 2000), DXMG was briefly made in India, along with the DX10D.

To my understanding, Jackson moved the DXMG and the "X" series to Japan after encountering QC issues in India.

As an aside, every DXMG I've seen apart (about 6 or so).. had a date stamp in the neck pocket.

I have NEVER experienced sharp fret ends on my 8+ Imports I've had the pleasure of owning over the last few years.

Any such condition should be in the extreme minority for the MIJ line of the last 5 years.

Comment

oh well. think i'll stay away from jackson imports from now on. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi has anyone experienced problems with there locking nut of the DXMG? MIJ? I got a hell of a problem with it.....

Comment

No problems here.

What's yours?

Comment

1st year (2001) they were made in India. I own one & it plays & sounds pretty good. Since then MIJ. THey are of great quality, I have yet to come across a bad one.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

looks like bad luck for me I got it at 2003 and has causes me alot fo problems ..... it looks like i got a Factory fault Problem or Are There Locking Nuts for reverse necks? As i spent a lot of time to get the locking nut but none actaully fit right.....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      looks like bad luck for me I got it at 2003 and has causes me alot fo problems ..... it looks like i got a Factory fault Problem or Are There Locking Nuts for reverse necks? As i spent a lot of time to get the locking nut but none actaully fit right.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Mats, I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Tell us what exactly the problem is.. (Describe it in as much detail as you can)

We will try our best to help you find a solution.

Comment

Working...
                      X