neck-thru imports vs the rest of the line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck-thru imports vs the rest of the line

I believe the Neck-thru import series shouldn't be priced quite as high as they are...even the Pro Series has binding, and most guitar lines like esp, gibson, etc. have the formula that the more you pay, the more you get.

I'm not going to say that the SL3 should have ALL the features of the USA's, but they should have equal, and greater the features of the Pro Series.

Not to mention that the MG Series has binding.

I know...I'm hung up on binding [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: neck-thru imports vs the rest of the line

I agree binding is very nice, but where are you going to stop? Pretty soon you'll want ebony boards, MOP inlays, etc, and you're back in early 90s PRO series taking sales from USA Selects.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Overpriced? Compare the price of an RR5 or SL3 to an Ibanez of equal price. Even better, compare the Jacksons to the lowest priced JAPANESE MADE neckthrus that Ibanez, ESP, or any other company produces.

For that matter, compare the price of a USA Soloist to the top end Japanese Ibanez and ESP's as well. Jacksons just don't cost as much as other companies.

Comment

Wes, for about three years (starting in 1990) Jackson did exactly what you are talking about, they created the original Professional line. Those guitars so rivaled the USA models that sales began to drop in the domestic versions. So Jackson cut the line down, and by 1994 it had been reduced to what it is now. Originally, they had binding, ebony boards, Schaller/Jackson trems, active circuitry, mother of pearl logo inlay, mother of pearl sharkfin inlay, same woods, etc.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
          Wes, for about three years (starting in 1990) Jackson did exactly what you are talking about, they created the original Professional line. Those guitars so rivaled the USA models that sales began to drop in the domestic versions. So Jackson cut the line down, and by 1994 it had been reduced to what it is now. Originally, they had binding, ebony boards, Schaller/Jackson trems, active circuitry, mother of pearl logo inlay, mother of pearl sharkfin inlay, same woods, etc.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">those were the days though hey Joe , those pros played so nice ! //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
            Overpriced? Compare the price of an RR5 or SL3 to an Ibanez of equal price. Even better, compare the Jacksons to the lowest priced JAPANESE MADE neckthrus that Ibanez, ESP, or any other company produces.

For that matter, compare the price of a USA Soloist to the top end Japanese Ibanez and ESP's as well. Jacksons just don't cost as much as other companies.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They still cost high enough to make a used USA model to be the more logical purchase. $900 - $1000 is way too much. I don't see why they can't take a $350 DK2, add neck-thru, and sell it for $600 - $700 to compete against the import LTD and Ibanez neck-thru's.

Comment

Yes, a DK2 with the neck thru and soloist neck profile would make a very affordable SL1 Import for let`s say about $550, basically a budget priced SL1. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't that what I said already? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

well...if you pay 900-1000 bucks for a guitar, I think it should be an unwritten rule that it comes with a case [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X