The SLSMG has landed !! !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SLSMG has landed !! !!

Well, FINALLY got the SLSMG I won on ebay a couple of weeks ago. The shipping was slow, but the seller made up for it with the packaging. This was the best score I made in my life. The case was even the correct Jackson molded case !! The best $330 I ever spent.
    On to the guitar itself :
    This thing is light. Easily the lightest I own. It is suprisingly resonant unplugged and even with the EMG HZ's has great tone through an amp. The neck is super thin and fast. The neck carve is very comfortable and I had zero issues getting to the upper frets. For what it is, the hardware seems very stable, but I have a tone pros bridge, some Sperzels and some EMG 81/85's that are going in this bad boy momentarily.
    I just can't put into words how much I instantly love this guitar. I have been drooling over them, but my broke ass just couldn't swing the $800-$900 these things were pulling new. I'm probably going to have to unload a couple of my other guitars and search out a SLSMG Flametop.
    Summary : If you are into the speed neck profile and a string thru body, this is an excellent choice !! I have a hard time telling that this isn't a USA. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: The SLSMG has landed !! !!

Yes!!! Thanks for the quick review! Have you taken photographs yet, especially of the neck joint?

Congratulations!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Photos to come......someday ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude!

You gotta post pics!... or else...

Mwuaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha.... [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Congrats man!! I've had my SLS for about 1.5 years now and its an awesome axe!! I've seriously contemplated pulling out my pup's (EMG 81/85) and putting it up for sale so I can get one of the trans-black models.

You're correct on the build quality too....I have a hard time distinguishing it apart from a US model. I think this model rivals the US models as far as materials and construction (if it were equipped w/ some locking tuners and real EMG's).

Comment

Yeah, You gotta post some pics!!!

Ox

Comment

I love most of the MIJ Jacksons I've played so far... in fact, I've had my eye on the SLSMG for some time now. Your review confirms everything I was hoping was correct about the guitar.

A question - How the hell did you manage to get one for only 330 bucks? I can't find any on eBay and I would DEFINITELY expect them to be a bit more expensive than that. They go for about 900 new (which I can't afford for the time being).

Comment

Ranalli put up a post in efraid about this guitar. It was the first I had seen on ebay myself. Even though I'm super broke I just couldn't say no !

Comment

Man, you lucked out. I wish someone would alert me when awesome guitars showed up on eBay for insanely low prices. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I think he should be nominated for "most noble act of 2003" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

kremit, you asshole, I fucking hate you. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I was looking at one of those flametop SLSMG's in the new MF catalog the other day. Why the FUCK didn't they have those year before last? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Active EMG's would put the guitar into USA Select price range. As much as people already ***** about sub-$1000 import neckthrus with ebony and binding, I can't imagine what it would be like if they were the same as a new USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                        kremit, you asshole, I fucking hate you. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I was looking at one of those flametop SLSMG's in the new MF catalog the other day. Why the FUCK didn't they have those year before last? [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Active EMG's would put the guitar into USA Select price range. As much as people already ***** about sub-$1000 import neckthrus with ebony and binding, I can't imagine what it would be like if they were the same as a new USA.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a Trans black SLSMG on order from MF.
                          I usually never buy from them, but, this seemed too good to pass up. With the exception of the pickups, it's almost what I had in mind for a custom Jackson.

Should be here Wednesday.
                          Anybody own one long enough to give a long-term review yet?
                          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

The trans black SLSMG has stolen my heart ! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I'm probably gonna unload my modded strat and ......gasp....my beloved Schecter C-1 Stealth (which has single handedly brought about my new found love for strat shapes) so I can get one of these soon !! ...... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] maybe I'll find one of those on ebay for $350 [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] .............. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't find ANY SLSMGs on eBay.... 300 dollars or otherwise. If anyone sees one, post here or PM me.

Comment

Working...
                              X